Don't you think that there should have been an option to destroy (SPOILERS)...

#1NaturalPhilosPosted 5/10/2013 9:29:29 PM
Any faction in the game? Be it the Thieves Guild (I know there's a mod for that), the Companions, the College, etc.?

I'm glad the option to eliminate the DB was there, but I'd like to at least take the Companions down a notch, along with that prick: Vignar. I looked for a mod that allowed me to do this, but the project was abandoned because they had difficulties with replacing Vignar with Balfgruuf in the case of a Stormcloak victory.

Seriously, the only Companion I have respect for is their leader; the rest get on my nerves. They act incredibly elitist towards you at the start regardless of the fact that you could be, say, a Legate of the Imperial Legion, Arch-Mage, Thane of every hold, not to mention savior of everything due to you defeating Alduin.

Yet, Vilkas tells Kodlak something like "Are you sure about letting this guy in? I've never heard of him before."

I refused one of their jobs that make you beat up a person, and Farkas was like "You'd be better sodding off at those snowberries in Winterhold."

No ****, I'm the Arch Mage.

I actually agree that there should be limitations on what you can kill, but this would be a nice feature to include.
#2LolOkayPosted 5/10/2013 9:32:38 PM
Being able to join the Silverhand would be a good way to destroy the companions.
#3NaturalPhilos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 9:34:48 PM
Being able to join the Silverhand would be a good way to destroy the companions.

Yeah, though I wonder why they attack you on site even if you aren't part of the Companions?

I don't mind Werewolf hunters--they're probably doing a lot of good for Skyrim because of that, but sadly the game railroads you into eliminating them.
#4Bossk791Posted 5/10/2013 9:36:47 PM
Eh. I mean, it's not something I think is really necessary or would add too much. We could say "there should have been an option to...." do literally everything, and that list would never end.
---
Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce. Yet for poetry to seize the heart, it must ring with the chimes of truth.
#5BillyMaysThe3rdPosted 5/10/2013 9:59:16 PM
i wanna destroy the black-briar family
#6ShaolinAcedPosted 5/10/2013 10:04:39 PM
I hate cats...

Probly see where I'm going with this.
---
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
#7demonwyrmPosted 5/10/2013 10:08:45 PM
ShaolinAced posted...
I hate cats...

Probly see where I'm going with this.

I'm with you. Probably part of an extreme minority that hate the f***ing Khajiit. Hell, throw in the Argonians as well...
#8Ryan-06Posted 5/10/2013 10:16:59 PM
BillyMaysThe3rd posted...
i wanna destroy the black-briar family

Already out! Quest mod. Don't know about the other members.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34149/?
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://i.minus.com/ipHqzgSb9E2MY.gif
#9BillyMaysThe3rdPosted 5/10/2013 10:20:06 PM
too bad i'm on xbox
#10Ubergrim3Posted 5/10/2013 11:09:51 PM
It wouldn't have made any sense story-wise. The Companions are HQ'd inside Whiterun, and have the full support and immense respect of the people of Skyrim, whereas the Silver Hand are little more than bandits who just happen to hate werewolves.

The College isn't popular, but provides immensely valuable services to all of Skyrim so I doubt anyone would support their destruction despite their feelings. Plus they have no real enemy faction except the Thalmor, and who the hell would EVER side with the thalmor? Pfft.

The Thieves Guild also has powerful allies who could easily screw you if you messed with them. Not to mention Nocutrnal would never get her key back, so her luck would completely vanish from Tamriel. Nobody wants that.

Only the DB was in a bad enough position where destroying them works out for everyone. Well, everyone except them.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx