Don't you think that there should have been an option to destroy (SPOILERS)...

#11Necro_Fear89Posted 5/10/2013 11:16:03 PM
Because then there would he choice in the game.
---
The Maiden in Black's blessing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByX90Ezn0s
"Go forth Garl Vinland! May you be unharmed.."- Saint Astraea
#12tizimin9Posted 5/11/2013 12:10:12 AM
They really should have expanded on the "faction "idea.

Not just Imperials or Stormcloaks,

Vampires or Dawnguard,

And Imperials or Dark Brotherhood (which should have been expanded so you can join the Oculus)

They should also have had,

Silver Hand vs. Companions

Silverblood Family vs. Forsworn

destroying the Black-briar clan (maybe Blackbriar vs. Temple of Mara)

They should also have had a questlines for those guys who worship Stendarr and kill daedra worshippers.
---
PSN: Itzimna
#13Ryan-06Posted 5/11/2013 12:39:39 AM
BillyMaysThe3rd posted...
too bad i'm on xbox

Same here... so sad =(. Mods are basically endless DLC as long as creative people keep making them.
Have you heard of "Moonpath to Elsweyr"? Huge quest mod about joining a caravan of Khajiit to travel all the way back to their homeland. Beautiful environments.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://i.minus.com/ipHqzgSb9E2MY.gif
#14Ubergrim3Posted 5/11/2013 12:42:33 AM
tizimin9 posted...

Vampires or Dawnguard,

And Imperials or Dark Brotherhood (which should have been expanded so you can join the Oculus)

They should also have had a questlines for those guys who worship Stendarr and kill daedra worshippers.

I'm not saying that all doesn't sound good, but realistically, I don't think there was enough disc space for ANY of that. These are still DVDs we're playing on.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#15PimpHandofGodPosted 5/11/2013 12:57:12 AM
Ubergrim3 posted...
tizimin9 posted...

Vampires or Dawnguard,

I'm not saying that all doesn't sound good, but realistically, I don't think there was enough disc space for ANY of that. These are still DVDs we're playing on.

Skyrim is less than 4 gigs and the DVDs can take 10 or so.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#16Gamer_X27Posted 5/11/2013 1:27:21 AM
PimpHandofGod posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...
tizimin9 posted...

Vampires or Dawnguard,

Skyrim is less than 4 gigs and the DVDs can take 10 or so.

This, it definitely wasn't due to disk space limits, my guess would be time constraints since they set a gimmicky release date that they wanted to meet.
---
as you may presently yourself fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#17TaigaWilliamPosted 5/11/2013 4:24:54 AM
There should have been an elaborate quest line to eliminate the thieves guild and clean up Riften by exposing the corruption of Maven and her connections with the TG and DB that you did with Mjoll. My first time through the game I thought there would be sure, given just how much Mjoll goes on about doing something about them.
#18VeezaraPosted 5/11/2013 4:44:43 AM
I would have liked a quest to get rid of the Thieves Guild. Take Maven Black Briar down that final peg. Best I could do to lower her status playing as a Stormcloak was destroy the Dark Brotherhood. That's one of her major contacts gone. Didn't join the thieves guild. just cancelled the conversation when Maul spoke then again when Briniolf spoke. They need you if they want to be strong, at the beginning they are just an unsuccessful group living in the sewers. Gave Maven Riften in Season Unending then took it back in the civil war.
No Dark Brotherhood, weak thieves Guild and now although she wasn't exiled the Jarl probably hates her.
#19thor23Posted 5/11/2013 4:55:40 AM(edited)
No, because it would mess with the overall lore of the series. Any reference of The Companions, the College of Winterhold, etc. in books or dialogue (or a possible return to Skyrim in a future game) would have to be very vague because they may or may not have been destroyed in 4E201.
#20Pennywise380Posted 5/11/2013 5:11:58 AM
That argument doesn't work, since it's already the case with the Dark Brotherhood. The player can destroy them, but they'll undoubtedly be back in TES:VI. Besides, certain members of the Brotherhood are conveniently absent from the Sanctuary when the player 'destroys' them, which both allows the player to achieve their in-game goal of eradicating the faction and provides a canonical way for it to have survived in the long-term.

I'm surprised that there's no option to destroy the Thieves Guild. Given that you can destroy the other 'evil' Guild, you'd think the option would be there, especially since how almost everyone comments on how 'all it would take is sending a few guards into the sewers to flush them out'.

Then again, if you hang around Mistveil Keep for a while and listen to the ambient dialogue, you'll realise why nothing's being done about them. The Steward feeds the Jarl a lot of lies about how the Thieves Guild and the city's Skooma trade are just 'falsehoods made up by the Imperials'. Whenever the Housecarl starts asking too many questions, she shuts him up by offering him sex. I think it's revealed during the Imperial side of the Civil War questline that she's heavily in debt to Maven and being blackmailed by her. But then of course, that questline solves nothing because Maven ends up becoming Jarl.
---
''Snake from Metal Gear 2 owns everybody. Because he used an owl. To make a guard think it was night time. In the middle of the day. That's just hardcore''