How should vampirism and lycanthropy be done in the next game?

#1TwoBladesOneBowPosted 5/12/2013 4:49:54 PM
Pretty simple question. How do you feel about it? Personally I would like it like this.

Lycanthropy:
Once you recieve the werewolf curse the following happens for your normal form. Stamina regeneration increased by 50%. Health Regeneration increased by 25%. Persuade is more likely to fail. Wolves will not attack you unless hit first.

In werewolf form the regeneration percents are doubled. Plus you gain 100 more points of each. The attacks we have now are kept, but a bite attack is added. When the full moon is out you face the consequences.

Once you kill 100 animals Hircine appears and gives you a quest to earn the Ring of Hircine which decreases the chance of you turning during a fullmoon by half. But, the health and stamina regeneration bonuses stay at 50%and 25% when you take your beast form.

Still thinking about the vampirism...
---
"M'aiq has heard legends of a man with a powerful beard. This man never sleeps, he only waits."- IamI3rian
#2TaigaWilliamPosted 5/12/2013 5:02:01 PM
I just want to be able to become a werewolf without joining a faction. I don't mind having factions related to them, but neither should require it.
#3SlayerslugPosted 5/12/2013 5:15:56 PM
Werewolves should have been random encounters in the wild. Like vampires, you could get the disease by fighting one. At first the transformations are uncontrollable and happen every night until you get a certain amount of kills. After enough kills you can transform back and forth at will similar to the vamp lord.

They should also bring back vampire clans like in morrowind.
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
#4MC2011Posted 5/12/2013 5:22:50 PM
Always wondered with the two moons that there is ever a moonless night, and if there are different cycles... If so, make it so werewolf transformation can only be done at night. A "full" moon (or what ever the equivalent) forces the player to transform at night and has to feed or remain in a weaker state until the next "full" moon. Likewise, a "moonless" night prevents you from transforming.

Also make it so you can only transform when "exposed" to moonlight, meaning mainly outside or any places within a interior cell that is exposed to moonlight. Could also add an item that is considered "blessed" by moonlight that can force a transformation when worn.

Maybe make vampirism similar to Morrowind with clans and wild vampires. Exposed to vampirism via a clan will later allow you to join that clan after a series of quests, while being bitten by a wild vampire makes you a wild vampire. Each clan has their own benefits and stat boosts, while wild vampires could be more of the jack of all trades with minor boosts in everything and their own little bonuses for more of a lone survivalist kind of character.

Then again, my ideas always suck.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#5TwoBladesOneBow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 5:28:45 PM
There were vampire clans in Morrowind. Did they ever make it for a Playstation console? Because I have got to get this game.
---
"M'aiq has heard legends of a man with a powerful beard. This man never sleeps, he only waits."- IamI3rian
#6KakkayPosted 5/12/2013 5:31:23 PM
Always wondered with the two moons that there is ever a moonless night, and if there are different cycles... If so, make it so werewolf transformation can only be done at night. A "full" moon (or what ever the equivalent) forces the player to transform at night and has to feed or remain in a weaker state until the next "full" moon. Likewise, a "moonless" night prevents you from transforming.

Also make it so you can only transform when "exposed" to moonlight, meaning mainly outside or any places within a interior cell that is exposed to moonlight. Could also add an item that is considered "blessed" by moonlight that can force a transformation when worn.

Maybe make vampirism similar to Morrowind with clans and wild vampires. Exposed to vampirism via a clan will later allow you to join that clan after a series of quests, while being bitten by a wild vampire makes you a wild vampire. Each clan has their own benefits and stat boosts, while wild vampires could be more of the jack of all trades with minor boosts in everything and their own little bonuses for more of a lone survivalist kind of character.

Then again, my ideas always suck.

They could always make the moons eclipse?
---
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/simplegreen/Kakkay.jpg
#7TaigaWilliamPosted 5/12/2013 6:07:45 PM
TwoBladesOneBow posted...
There were vampire clans in Morrowind. Did they ever make it for a Playstation console? Because I have got to get this game.

Just get it on PC. You can play Morrowind on any decent PC with the option to use mod.
#8dahorosPosted 5/12/2013 7:04:18 PM
Make it so you can be in stage 4 vamps without being attacked by the whole city.
#9SlayerslugPosted 5/12/2013 7:08:06 PM
dahoros posted...
Make it so you can be in stage 4 vamps without being attacked by the whole city.

I have good news for you!
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
#10Apex1619Posted 5/12/2013 7:23:26 PM
Okay so you have 2 clans
1 vamp clan
And 1 Werewolf clan and the
Leaders of those clans fight over a girls who does absolutely nothing
---
"Jaime Lannister sends his regards" - Roose Bolton