Easy way to stock on destruction potions?

#1pcmike2Posted 5/14/2013 7:26:28 AM
I mean, I feel like its the only way for me to boost its damage, which can be a hassle, but I mean, potions last 60 seconds, same as any power, so I guess that's fair, and I can just stock a bunch of them, favorite them, then whenever in battle, just open favorites up, select potion, and win.

But I need a lot of potions for that, or an efficient way of stocking them. What are some tips? I have dragonborn and dawnguard, and I know solstheim has a bunch of ash creep clusters, perfect for destruction alchemy
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2Ice_ShieldPosted 5/14/2013 7:33:33 AM(edited)
The alchemy shop in Whiterun always sells Ectoplasm. All you have to do is buy it, save your game, hit her with a weapon and them reload that game. She'll have it on sale again. Do it over and over for her to gain them. As for other alchemy ingredients, find a seller who regularly sells them.

EDIT: Actually I was thinking of another ingredient. Amyways, she does sell Ectoplasm, about 25% of the time.
---
SNES FAQ Completion Project
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-faq-contributors-general/60384415
#3Evil_SandwichPosted 5/14/2013 8:01:12 AM(edited)
Kill ghosts/wispmothers, they drop Ectoplasm/Glow Dust/Wisp Wrappings (fortify destro pot ingredients).

It's also less boring then punching/reloading infront of the potion lady in Whiterun.
#4theonyxphoenixPosted 5/14/2013 8:04:40 AM
Ash Creep Cluster in Solstheim
Nightshade from Solitude
Glowing Mushrooms from the following locations:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Glowing_Mushroom

Get a Hearthfire house and grow Nightshade and Mushrooms.
---
He doesn't row.
#5nucshadowPosted 5/14/2013 8:15:18 AM(edited)
use those ash creep clusters and ectoplasm and brew them with the glowing mushrooms available from the 858 plants found in skyrim...

I believe nightshade is the second most common fortify destruction potion ingredient... but it might be ash creep clusters idk

Edit: Apparently I've been ninja'd
---
How do you improve a samurai warlord?
Give him Pokemon!
#6Talon5967Posted 5/14/2013 9:51:05 AM
nucshadow posted...
use those ash creep clusters and ectoplasm and brew them with the glowing mushrooms available from the 858 plants found in skyrim...

I believe nightshade is the second most common fortify destruction potion ingredient... but it might be ash creep clusters idk

Edit: Apparently I've been ninja'd

Ninja'd? There's eleven minutes between your posts. You were spending that time reading something on UESP yourself, weren't you? Let that be a lesson. ;)
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#7pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 11:33:45 AM
How long does it take for ingredients in the wild to respawn?

Any way to make them spawn fast?
---
#8Evil_SandwichPosted 5/14/2013 11:35:34 AM
pcmike2 posted...

30 in-game days

Nope.
#9pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 12:11:30 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
pcmike2 posted...

30 in-game days

Nope.

I thought it was 10-30 days
---
#10LockeadonPosted 5/14/2013 3:55:08 PM
pcmike2 posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
pcmike2 posted...

30 in-game days

Nope.

I thought it was 10-30 days

if you wait in the same cell they never respawn, you have to be in another cell. but if you get hearthfire you can just plant your gardens full of nightshade and glowing mushrooms and go inside and wait that time then come back out and they should have respawned, if you have greenhouses in your home you can do the same thing, and also if you get the morthal house you can raise any fish but nordic barnacles, don't remember if any fish are helpful for that though. and if you have poisoner or a weapon you can apply a number of poisons which can also increase destruction damage.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider