So what was the deal with the 'Towers'? is it legit?

#1EzioAuditore947Posted 5/14/2013 10:05:00 AM
Any new info come to light recently about this 'Thalmor destroying towers to end the world' business?. Maybe from Dragonborn? (haven't got it).

Also, is it just a theory arising from MK's posts?. Is any of MK's stuff actually considered canon by Bethesda, like 'Love letter from the 5th Era'?
---
And so, with mere seconds to act, I knelt down and punched it to death. It was the most exhilarating experience of my life. - BTB
#2Evil_SandwichPosted 5/14/2013 10:07:14 AM
MK? Mortal Kombat?
#3The_nWjoePosted 5/14/2013 10:08:06 AM
Do you have a link? I have no idea of what you're talking about.
#4Necro_Fear89Posted 5/14/2013 10:09:57 AM
Aren't the towers basically..

Red Mountain.

Crystal Tower

Adamantium Tower

White Gold Tower and

Snow Tower?
---
The Maiden in Black's blessing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByX90Ezn0s
"Go forth Garl Vinland! May you be unharmed.."- Saint Astraea
#5sunbro1Posted 5/14/2013 10:10:41 AM
Yeah it's all true.
---
Ours is the fury
#6EzioAuditore947(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 10:15:20 AM
Necro_Fear89 posted...

Red Mountain.

Crystal Tower

Adamantium Tower

White Gold Tower and

Snow Tower?

Yes, as well as Brass Tower (Numidium). Snow Tower is the Throat of the World.

MK = Michael Kirkbride, former Bethesda dev. Wrote most of the lore (much of it very obscure).

If you don't know what 'Love Letter from the 5th Era' is, google it. I can't be bothered to explain the theory about the Towers, that Rebel guy might.
---
And so, with mere seconds to act, I knelt down and punched it to death. It was the most exhilarating experience of my life. - BTB
#7FMLGPosted 5/14/2013 10:20:13 AM
I don't think any new things came up in Dragonborn. And Michael writes monkey truths that Bethesda accept as lore. He used to work on TES but left after Morrowind, IIRC.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Grand Jester of the Fourth Empire
#8AddictedToXboxPosted 5/14/2013 10:20:55 AM
Unfortunately, there hasn't been any solid evidence in-game to support the idea of them unmaking Mundus, but their desire to remove man from Tamriel is pretty obvious. It's reasonable to assume that this hatred of man is leading up to something metaphysical, such as the deactivation of Direnni Tower. Besides, it was MK, who gave Kuhlmann the idea for the Thalmor. Anywho, the only thing that we can say for certain is that they are trying to bring about a new Merethic Era.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#9silverhunter16Posted 5/14/2013 12:01:05 PM
EzioAuditore947 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...

Red Mountain.

Crystal Tower

Adamantium Tower

White Gold Tower and

Snow Tower?

MK = Michael Kirkbride, former Bethesda dev. Wrote most of the lore (much of it very obscure).

If you don't know what 'Love Letter from the 5th Era' is, google it. I can't be bothered to explain the theory about the Towers, that Rebel guy might.

Aren't half the towers non-active now?

Numidium was deactivated in Daggerfall
Red mountain by either the events of Morrowind or the Red Year, not sure which
White Gold by the Oblivion Crisis

and I'm sure the events of Skyrim will impact the Throat of the World in some way causing it's deactivation.

So really the only ones still active are the crystal and adamantium towers so maybe they might decide where the next game takes place based on where the next tower is.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#10SunsetPhantomPosted 5/14/2013 12:37:34 PM
silverhunter16 posted...
EzioAuditore947 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...

Red Mountain.

Crystal Tower

Adamantium Tower

White Gold Tower and

Snow Tower?

Aren't half the towers non-active now?

Numidium was deactivated in Daggerfall
Red mountain by either the events of Morrowind or the Red Year, not sure which
White Gold by the Oblivion Crisis

and I'm sure the events of Skyrim will impact the Throat of the World in some way causing it's deactivation.

So really the only ones still active are the crystal and adamantium towers so maybe they might decide where the next game takes place based on where the next tower is.

Crystal-Like-Law was taken down during the Oblivion Crisis by the Daedra. The only one that is for sure left active is Ur-Tower.

Numidium breaks time whenever it is activated, so whether it is still considered active is unknown since it was destroyed but is also active in the 5th(?) era.
We don't know if the Khajiit actually are a Tower or not so that's also unknown (if they aren't then we don't know what their Tower is).
Tree-Sap stopped moving, but it is unknown if it is deactivated or not.
Snow Tower is sundered so that could mean something happened to it (or it could just be referring to the divided Skyrim, or both).

There are 1-5 Towers left.
---
http://tinyurl.com/aeadm3b
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. ~ Bill Cosby