Mora's Grasp ?

#1DoctorSkeletonPosted 5/14/2013 12:41:07 PM
is this an offensive power? or a power to help defend followers etc?
#2DoctorSkeleton(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 1:18:57 PM
anyone....anyone?
#3jmattrPosted 5/14/2013 1:39:01 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Mora%27s_Grasp#Mora.27s_Grasp
---
You are now ignoring this user's topics and posts.
#4Necro_Fear89Posted 5/14/2013 1:39:52 PM
More likely to help followers, you don't want to make enemies immune to damage do you?
---
The Maiden in Black's blessing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByX90Ezn0s
"Go forth Garl Vinland! May you be unharmed.."- Saint Astraea
#5DoctorSkeleton(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 1:43:15 PM
jmattr posted...
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Mora%27s_Grasp#Mora.27s_Grasp

yeah, read that, still wasn't sure
#6DoctorSkeleton(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 1:44:11 PM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
More likely to help followers, you don't want to make enemies immune to damage do you?

no, not at all, that's why it seemed like a bad choice of powers.
#7Talon5967Posted 5/14/2013 2:11:59 PM
Well, if you have two or more enemies coming at you at once, and want to try to take them one at a time, it could be handy to be able to freeze one for 30 seconds. Which should allow enough time to deal with the other one.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#8DoctorSkeleton(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 2:24:13 PM
Talon5967 posted...
Well, if you have two or more enemies coming at you at once, and want to try to take them one at a time, it could be handy to be able to freeze one for 30 seconds. Which should allow enough time to deal with the other one.

ok, now we're getting somewhere.
yeah, that's what confused me, if it's a sort of paralyze spell, why would you want to use it on followers? and if it's an immunity to damage spell, why would you want to use it on anyone buy yourself or your followers?
#9Talon5967Posted 5/14/2013 3:13:24 PM
DoctorSkeleton posted...
Talon5967 posted...

yeah, that's what confused me, if it's a sort of paralyze spell, why would you want to use it on followers? and if it's an immunity to damage spell, why would you want to use it on anyone buy yourself or your followers?

Well, for followers, a good time to use it would be if they've had their asses kicked so bad they're on their knees, with only a sliver of health remaining. This way, they can be protected from a finishing blow. Though you may just want to cast a healing spell on them instead. If you have the appropriate healing spell.

For enemies, as I already said, you could use it when you're fighting more than one, and you want to quickly take one out of the fight, even if it's only temporary. You could also use it in the same situation as the one for followers (follower is critically wounded), except that you cast it on the enemy before it can kill them, and then heal the follower while the enemy is trapped in stasis. 30 seconds later, you and your follower are fully healed, and set up to continue the fight. The enemy is in the same condition it was in when you hit it with Mora's Grasp.

This basically makes Mora's Grasp and "OH ****!" emergency ability, to allow yourself the opportunity to get some breathing room. This is actually my most common use of Unrelenting Force: the fight is getting a little too hairy, and I need a few seconds to regroup. Mora's Grasp would have the same effect for much longer, but only against one enemy.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#10DoctorSkeleton(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 3:34:51 PM
Talon5967 posted...
DoctorSkeleton posted...
Talon5967 posted...

Well, for followers, a good time to use it would be if they've had their asses kicked so bad they're on their knees, with only a sliver of health remaining. This way, they can be protected from a finishing blow. Though you may just want to cast a healing spell on them instead. If you have the appropriate healing spell.

For enemies, as I already said, you could use it when you're fighting more than one, and you want to quickly take one out of the fight, even if it's only temporary. You could also use it in the same situation as the one for followers (follower is critically wounded), except that you cast it on the enemy before it can kill them, and then heal the follower while the enemy is trapped in stasis. 30 seconds later, you and your follower are fully healed, and set up to continue the fight. The enemy is in the same condition it was in when you hit it with Mora's Grasp.

This basically makes Mora's Grasp and "OH ****!" emergency ability, to allow yourself the opportunity to get some breathing room. This is actually my most common use of Unrelenting Force: the fight is getting a little too hairy, and I need a few seconds to regroup. Mora's Grasp would have the same effect for much longer, but only against one enemy.

yeah, makes sense, sounds like you are being too generous to this power though!
just sounds like healing spells or paralyze spells are more usefull, but I could see this being a good power for lower level or non magic using characters.
I'll stick with one of the other 2 choices.
thanks for the input.