How does Ebony warrior know shouts?

#11supersekh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 3:12:56 AM
GrrMan posted...
supersekh posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
GrrMan posted...
Could have learned it from fighting Draugr for such a long time. Could have trained with the Greybeards.

Or maybe he was just so damn good, he just sat down and practiced.

He's not a Nord, so no.

Chalk it up to oversight, plot hole, gameplay mechanics over lore, whatever you want.

He is a nord Even if UESP says he's a redguard how can he be one? He talks about Sovngarde. The devs probaby did that to make him look 'ebony'

Arguably you can choose where you go, despite your race

If he was a believer in Shor and Skyrim-based religion, why wouldn't he

You could say that if he was a Imperial or Breton. But Redguards didn't come from atmora like the imperials and bretons
#12TwoBladesOneBowPosted 5/15/2013 3:21:18 AM
Father- Nord
Mother- Redguard
Result- Ebony Warrior
---
"M'aiq has heard legends of a man with a powerful beard. This man never sleeps, he only waits."- IamI3rian
#13supersekh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 3:29:01 AM
TwoBladesOneBow posted...
Father- Nord
Mother- Redguard
Result- Ebony Warrior

I haven't though of that but it still doesn't explain why he wants to go to Sovngarde since he is technically a Redguard because hybrids don't exist
#14theonyxphoenixPosted 5/15/2013 8:06:52 AM
GrrMan posted...
Or... he's the Dragonborn's dad.

PLOT TWIST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyxmD_UAK4
---
He doesn't row.
#15TarentulaPosted 5/15/2013 8:20:07 AM
He's obviously not "real".

He came from Sovngarde. He's been watching you from the beginning and noticed your strength. Then, him being well respected amongst the strongest warriors of Sovngarde, gained the privilege to visit the mortal world to have a duel between mortals. So that he can experience the thrill of the battle and die once again by the hand of a worthy opponent.

Duh
#16turn_basedPosted 5/15/2013 8:30:50 AM
The Ebony Warrior is just another reason why I'll always believe that Skyrim is better enjoyed with your brain operating at it's lowest capacity and your flatscreen at it's highest.

Morrowind for the head, Skyrim for the eyes.

:1
#17blackmageomegaPosted 5/15/2013 8:42:38 AM
ANYONE can learn a thu'um, it's just a very long, hard, and arduous process. The Dragonborn is only special in that he has an inate ability to learn it because he's more or less a dragon incarnate as a human and can absorb souls from dragons and tap into their also inate knowledge of the thu'um.

tl;dr don't need to be a dragonborn to shout stuff
#18Necro_Fear89Posted 5/15/2013 8:56:29 AM
blackmageomega posted...
ANYONE can learn a thu'um, it's just a very long, hard, and arduous process. The Dragonborn is only special in that he has an inate ability to learn it because he's more or less a dragon incarnate as a human and can absorb souls from dragons and tap into their also inate knowledge of the thu'um.

tl;dr don't need to be a dragonborn to shout stuff

But you do need to be a Nord if you are not Dovahkiin, it's a gift from Kyne to Nords.
---
The Maiden in Black's blessing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByX90Ezn0s
"Go forth Garl Vinland! May you be unharmed.."- Saint Astraea
#19xGenocidestPosted 5/15/2013 10:08:04 AM
supersekh posted...
TwoBladesOneBow posted...
Father- Nord
Mother- Redguard
Result- Ebony Warrior

I haven't though of that but it still doesn't explain why he wants to go to Sovngarde since he is technically a Redguard because hybrids don't exist

Yes they do. Or we wouldn't have Bretons, or the Gray prince in Oblivion
I think there's a few others, and I'm positive there was an Imperial with a mother from another race.

But for Gameplay's sake, they don't get their own special race.
---
Oh, I know I lived this life before. Somehow, I know now Truths I must be sure.
#20jammymacsterPosted 5/15/2013 10:12:31 AM(edited)
xGenocidest posted...
or the Gray prince in Oblivion

He isn't a hybrid. He's an orc. The unusual thing about him is the vampiric blood he inherited from his father.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y