One thing that made me upset in Dawnguard(Obvious Spoilers)

#11turn_basedPosted 5/15/2013 9:12:03 AM
1Denton28 posted...
Readies Runic Axe and Sunfire spells....

Eh, they're all monsters who prey on the innocent.
Wipe 'em all out :)

Still wish I could join the silverhands. I don't buy companion propaganda that they're bad people who don't like werewolves.

Yeah, lol, but really, all the Silverhand are is a group of bandits that got incorporated, like the Hell's Angels, just stop by one of their holes for a little get-to-know-ya session and see what happens!

In regards to diseases, daedra, and dlc, reasoning and lore don't always correlate to good gameplay, which is what we signed on for.

That's an issue people need to consider when discussing 'plot holes, logic holes, and what-not' from the game's perspective, it'll never make sense. Some things are better left to books and gaming sites I'm afraid.
#12lordgamingtonVPosted 5/15/2013 8:15:18 PM
1Denton28 posted...

Still wish I could join the silverhands. I don't buy companion propaganda that they're bad people who don't like werewolves.

They attack you regardless of your affiliation. They'll attack you even if you aren't a Companion, and usually attack anyone they see regardless of their status as a lycanthrope. Honestly, they're just bandits that hate werewolves.
---
They say that a dead man tells no tales. I disagree. They tell tales all the time, we just have to learn to listen.
#13cobracorpPosted 5/15/2013 9:30:34 PM
Might be mistaken...not really for sure, but in the game isn't the form of lycanthropy you get from the companions not the same as hircines' gift?
#14RebelElite791Posted 5/15/2013 9:33:10 PM
thor23 posted...
One more thing, "vampirism" isn't a disease, Sanguinare Vampiris is a disease that leads to vampirism. And Harkon never gives you Sanguinare Vampiris, he instantly turns you into a vampire.

That.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/JAEbWQN.png http://i.imgur.com/ZpQ84Yy.jpg
#15LostoutPosted 5/16/2013 12:34:13 AM
Where does it say that Vampires hate Werewolves? I thought Harkon was just disgusted by all other beings except his Volkihar he views everyone as prey. I never saw anything to suggest that all vampires (or even Harkon) specifically hating Werewolves.
---
I am as awesome as a bear high fiving a shark in space during an explosion.
#16HoonDingPosted 5/16/2013 12:41:29 AM(edited)
Yeah, I don't think there's any particular "vampires vs. werewolves" background in the TES universe. I don't think either of them give a rat's ass about each other just for being vampires or werewolves.

And yes, they're going to adjust the story to make the gameplay work. This is a game, after all. I don't really think it's that out of character; Serana and the Elder Scroll have been locked up for a f***ing long time, and here's this guy just comes right in and hands them over to Harkon. He's grateful, otherwise he wouldn't have even let a non-vampire leave Castle Volkihar in the first place. He wants you as part of the family; if you accept his gift, everything is gravy. If you don't... thanks, and gtfo.
---
"Waiter, there's a hair in my anus!"
"I'm terribly sorry sir, we'll get you another one right away."
#171Denton28Posted 5/16/2013 1:53:00 AM
lordgamingtonV posted...
1Denton28 posted...

They attack you regardless of your affiliation. They'll attack you even if you aren't a Companion, and usually attack anyone they see regardless of their status as a lycanthrope. Honestly, they're just bandits that hate werewolves.

This is due more to lazy programming than any reasonable expectation. If they were a proper faction with a stronghold, like Dawnguard is kinda what I was hoping for.
That was too much work, so I get pallets swapped bandits who decided that in addition to banditry they will focus extra time and effort on studying and fighting werewolves,cuz well you know.