How much would you pay for The Elder Scrolls VI: Morrowind II?

#11Jstretch19Posted 5/15/2013 9:47:03 AM
Not much, I like Morrowind cause of the content, graphics aren't that big of a deal for me and I've never really had a problem with its combat. I already have Morrowind paying for it again would just be silly.
#12turn_basedPosted 5/15/2013 10:03:02 AM(edited)
If they do it lazily like they did Dragonborn, then no, not ever.

Edited:

Scratch that, she's fine the way she is, and it would be beyond Bethesda's capabilities, yay, ANYONE's capabilities to recreate the world without destroying it's charm.

Honestly, without any bile, I'd have to say if you can't get into Morrowind or Daggerfall just the way they are, then don't bother, it's one of those 'ya had to be there' kinda things and you're better off reading summaries and books in order to get the background of this series.
#13FMLGPosted 5/15/2013 10:04:44 AM
http://morroblivion.com/skywind-faq

/topic?
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Grand Jester of the Fourth Empire
#14daveliciousPosted 5/15/2013 10:46:42 AM
I'd pay 10 bucks.

The mechanics are probably the biggest thing keeping me from replaying morrowind right now.

Meet somewhere in the middle on the mechanics and you could count me in. Get rid of any roll of the dice for landed hits for combat and replace with the hit detection used in skyrim and we're halfway there. And the use of a shield should be manual instead of roll of the dice as well.

If you also make it so worn enchanted items are ALWAYS constant effect and not something you have to cast, I would probably then be willing to buy it full price. It wouldn't be TESVI though... it would just be a TESIII remake.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: DavePeesThePool
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#15DarthSchubertPosted 5/15/2013 11:05:56 AM
darkportal785 posted...
As much as I paid for the original. Hint: I've never played Morrowind.

And how could it be both the 6th entry in TES series and a sequal to Morrowind, if it's a remake?

Good to see the lack of logic and the Morrowind nostalgia goggles are still in full force here on Skyrim board.

You've never played Morrowind, but you are confident people only like it for nostalgia. Good to see the lack of logic of... you. Is still in full force here.

Anywho, as much as I love Morrowind a remake probably wouldn't work well. Really all I'd want is an upgraded graphics and combat engine; if they changed things like skills, spells, etc. to match current methods I wouldn't be a fan.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#16RikiazPosted 5/15/2013 11:06:14 AM
turn_based posted...

Edited:

Scratch that, she's fine the way she is, and it would be beyond Bethesda's capabilities, yay, ANYONE's capabilities to recreate the world without destroying it's charm.

Honestly, without any bile, I'd have to say if you can't get into Morrowind or Daggerfall just the way they are, then don't bother, it's one of those 'ya had to be there' kinda things and you're better off reading summaries and books in order to get the background of this series.

How was Dragonborn lazily done?
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#17turn_basedPosted 5/15/2013 11:16:06 AM
Rikiaz posted...
turn_based posted...

Edited:

In implementation of Morrowind stuff.

My opinion, hastily given, thinking of bonemold bow and arrows, Dunmer using Aldmeri-inspired Elven Swords, bows, and arrows.
Boring outfits that did no justice to the original.

Rehashed location, done well enough sure, but still not a fresh place. Snow and ash, zzz...

Lazy too harsh? Okay, but lackluster? Yeah, I would say that.

Plus, nobody likes Miraak and Mora's realm was a let down, unless you're the 'tee-hee' type.

I still can't get into Dragonborn, despite being a huge fan of Morrowind, (though not so much Bloodmoon.)
#18Binba442Posted 5/15/2013 11:22:58 AM
No thanks, I'd love to play it again, but most of the mechanics are dated. Skyrim engine + morrowind story/world
#19sunbro1Posted 5/15/2013 11:23:30 AM
turn_based posted...
Rikiaz posted...
turn_based posted...

Edited:

In implementation of Morrowind stuff.

My opinion, hastily given, thinking of bonemold bow and arrows, Dunmer using Aldmeri-inspired Elven Swords, bows, and arrows.
Boring outfits that did no justice to the original.

Rehashed location, done well enough sure, but still not a fresh place. Snow and ash, zzz...

Lazy too harsh? Okay, but lackluster? Yeah, I would say that.

Plus, nobody likes Miraak and Mora's realm was a let down, unless you're the 'tee-hee' type.

I still can't get into Dragonborn, despite being a huge fan of Morrowind, (though not so much Bloodmoon.)

:( Bloodmoon was my favorite TES expansion.
---
Ours is the fury
#20BuzzyTheCatPosted 5/15/2013 12:58:11 PM
Am I the only one that remembers the major PITA parts of Morrowind?

No fast travel. So when I want to go somewhere I need to take a 5 minute walk a town over to a strider, get off, then walk for 10 minutes just to get where I am going... That was 15 minutes of just walking past the same things I have walked past 200 other times. Ahh yes, the teleportation spell. Great, I can teleport to one spot. Its helpful, but not overly helpful.

You really want me to go ALL the way to the talking mudcrab just to sell half my stuff because apparently every trader in the game is crazy poor? Yea, that wasnt annoying at all.

Remember the dungeons under Red Mountain? Yea, they were pretty much all identical looking.

How about the enchantments? I remember crafting a necklace of uber health regeneration that as a vampire I could walk around during the day, and pretty much nothing in the game could kill me because all I had to do was step back once, and I had full health again. Some things were vastly unbalanced in the game.

One thing I do miss however is wearing 2 rings. Morrowind was actually the last TES game I played before Skyrim (dont know why but wasnt really interested in Oblivion) and I was kind of shocked that I couldnt put a ring on each hand. Combined with 1 less piece of armor and your avenues of enchanting are cut dramatically.

Morrowind was awesome in its day. Heck I spent close to 1000 hours playing when my original Xbox finally died. It however really shows its age now and not even just graphics. Core concepts of the game are just annoying now that we have all played more refined and polished games. Another thing to think about is that is isnt possible for some of the cool parts of Morrowind to be implemented on a modern console with modern graphics. The Flight spell just cant work today. It requires the world to load in 1 cell. Skyrim loading as 1 cell would cause a 360 to burst into flames and would make a modern gaming rig chug worse than running 2 Cyris 2 games at once while mining bitcoins on the CPU
---
This signature has been deleted due to people being much too sensitive about religion.