I have a Question about Dawnguard.

#1DawndragonPosted 5/15/2013 10:35:17 AM(edited)
Hello.

I'm at level 22 and I've been looking to start the Dawnguard Questline, one of the Whiterun guards has informed me of it, giving me the quest entry but now I'm just waiting for Durak to appear and try to enlist me personally before actually going there.

Here's my question: is there anything that must be done in order to trigger the encounter with Durak? If it helps I have all the DLC installed, and the latest patch.

Is it possible that the encounter might actually trigger on Solstheim? I haven't been there yet on this file, Or do I need to advance further in the Main Quest? I still haven't even started 'A Blade in The Dark' and I kind of want to put that off as long as practically possible.

My previous character ended up acquiring a worryingly high amount of Glitches in his lifetime, so I'm sort of worried about actually doing anything now that I'm on my second character... things such as even entering the holds at night due to marauding Vampire attacks, or due to seemingly bugged conversations, I found one in Windhelm where Brunwulf Free-Winter was speaking to a Dunmer Fellow, from the other side of the City.

Thank you for your time.
---
Trade Partners: I Do not knowingly accept Hacked pokemon, Nor will I Knowingly trade them out.
3052-9840-7953 - Pokemon Black FC
#2jammymacsterPosted 5/15/2013 10:36:22 AM
He's probably already spawned at a city but he didn't manage to catch you, he'll wait at whatever city he spawned in. Go to each city and wait for an hour. He should pop up.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
#3IzuyaKusunagi69Posted 5/15/2013 10:37:53 AM
It's a random encounter after the first time a vampire attacks a guard, or (for me) around lvl 10
---
B****, you just jealous of my Super Sayian swagga!
#4Dawndragon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 10:41:02 AM
jammymacster posted...
He's probably already spawned at a city but he didn't manage to catch you, he'll wait at whatever city he spawned in. Go to each city and wait for an hour. He should pop up.

That makes sense, I have been moving around a lot.

So is it only Hold capitals he can appear in, or can he appear in the minor settlements too?
---
Trade Partners: I Do not knowingly accept Hacked pokemon, Nor will I Knowingly trade them out.
3052-9840-7953 - Pokemon Black FC
#5VeezaraPosted 5/15/2013 2:03:49 PM(edited)
Minor as well. He has spoken to me in Riverwood and I'm sure another small settlement as well. He should just be at the fort if you head there though. There have been times I've heard from a town guard, never saw him in a town but when I went to the fort he was standing outside doing target practice. It's the other DG orc, Mogrul who sometimes doesn't spawn into the game at all. I'm not sure if that can be fixed.