How do you " justify " your character being everything? * maybe spoilers*

#1SteadyingMeatPosted 5/16/2013 2:07:02 AM
Ya know, being a member of the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Mage's Guild, Companion's, and also the possible servant of multiple Daedric Princes, all the while being the world's savior?

This is kind of a problem for me. I don't like making multiple characters at the same time, so I kinda just do everything I can with one character, but that leads to some serious problems from a "roleplaying" perspective. So I tend to just kinda go " whatever " and maybe just pretend like that was " non-canon " for lack of a better word XD

So yeah, how do you deal with this? (Assuming you don't create multiple characters and assuming you even care about roleplaying).
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#2RebelElite791Posted 5/16/2013 2:15:58 AM
I dun do that.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/JAEbWQN.png http://i.imgur.com/ZpQ84Yy.jpg
#3Mick65Posted 5/16/2013 2:50:43 AM
Powerhungry, morally ambiguous Dunmer with something to prove. That was my First.
Everyone else stuck to some sort of build/archetype.
---
JAFO
#4mewmew42Posted 5/16/2013 2:55:09 AM
I have finally justify a character that can ALMOST do and be everything

it is based on his character Trait/preference

He is just a selfish nord who forces his ideals,to make a better skyrim HIS style

as harbinger he hates warewolves,therefore he needs to learn magic (mage guild) to cure lycanthrophy

as harbinger he upholds justuce,so he destroys the dark brotherhood & side with dawnguard

The end justify the means,so wulfhearth joins the thieves guild to fund the companions

His nordic blood demands him to join stormcloak,learn shouts from greybeards to show off his strengh,in oeder to repel dragons
#5Dreadsword101Posted 5/16/2013 2:56:50 AM
My justification is because they can.
#6SoulOfFaythPosted 5/16/2013 2:58:48 AM
I don't because I always make specific builds, except for my first character which I just use to figure the game out a bit.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#7gunsndrosesPosted 5/16/2013 3:07:33 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
I dun do that.

---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#8TaigaWilliamPosted 5/16/2013 3:14:27 AM
I don't really do that, but I have for a while now interpreted the dragonborn as a being who is inexorably drawn to seek power and control through leadership and sheer domination by force. It would make sense for the dragonborn to attain as much power as possible through whatever means necessary.
#9ChunhwaPosted 5/16/2013 3:31:59 AM
I can't imagine doing everything on one character. Without a specific character roleplay concept, I lose my reason for playing.
---
Captain Cabinets, trapped in cabinets. Can he get out? Will he get out? Course he will.
#10Bigj089Posted 5/16/2013 3:50:17 AM
I dont roleplay
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator