Is a mage build viable without destruction?

#21amenbrother(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 1:20:18 PM
Thanks for the help guys I have read all of the replies. One more question, should I wear light armor over robes and smith and enchant my stuff? Since I wont be using any real direct damage spells? Would that help my survivability?
#22RikiazPosted 5/16/2013 1:22:34 PM
sunbro1 posted...
amenbrother posted...
sunbro1 posted...
Force push is alteration right?

What is that, does it do decent damage?

Sorry my mistake :/ had midas magic mod so long forgot what spells are from what. dawnguard spells can be used on undead and are restoration.

How did you forget? Don't all Midas Magic spells have the word Midas in them? I know they use to, I haven't used that mod in ages though since it's dead and not quite perfected. Besides Apocalypse is better in my opinion.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#23amenbrother(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 2:06:58 PM
How about it guys, should I wear light armor over robes and smith and enchant my stuff? Since I wont be using any real direct damage spells? Would that help my survivability?
#24silverhunter16Posted 5/16/2013 2:51:20 PM(edited)
amenbrother posted...
How about it guys, should I wear light armor over robes and smith and enchant my stuff? Since I wont be using any real direct damage spells? Would that help my survivability?

That's entirely up to you.

As a mage, you won't be getting hit all that often so light armor might help to mitigate the damage that you can't avoid at times but smithing won't really be required unless you want a specific armor for aesthetic purposes.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#25youshallbeasgodPosted 5/16/2013 2:42:12 PM
amenbrother posted...

Robes + flesh spells to help raise your alteration.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#26amenbrother(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 8:19:32 AM
Well that was kind of a wash, I made him last night and was bored as could be after 2 hours.... I dont know if it's I dont have the good good spells yet but man, just sitting there while my summons kill stuff kind of sucks. Even tossing out a fury or whatever didnt help. Dang I wanted to like this build to but I dont think I can sit around watching any more.
#27TaigaWilliamPosted 5/17/2013 9:17:43 AM
You could get a ranged follower, use flame atronauch, and wear heavy armor and a shield to tank while they do the damage. You get in their faces and block and shout for support while they play dps.
#28LockeadonPosted 5/17/2013 9:30:14 AM
amenbrother posted...
Well that was kind of a wash, I made him last night and was bored as could be after 2 hours.... I dont know if it's I dont have the good good spells yet but man, just sitting there while my summons kill stuff kind of sucks. Even tossing out a fury or whatever didnt help. Dang I wanted to like this build to but I dont think I can sit around watching any more.

don't sit and watch then. use your other spells to move things along faster, or i dunno use destruction. just because you think something will be fun doesnt mean its set in stone, so if you arent having fun try something else, destruction will make the battles go much faster. assuming you don't want to use weapons anyway
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#29Evil_SandwichPosted 5/17/2013 9:39:38 AM
amenbrother posted...

Use a Bound Bow.
#30yoyodoj0Posted 5/17/2013 10:48:11 AM
amenbrother posted...

Use bound bow and some stealth. Bend the will of ur enemies with illusion then have them fight some summons or better yet bring back that friend they just killed and make them do it again, all while you provide ranged support with the bow sniping the more powerful enemies. It moves things along much quicker. Not to mention its diabolical.
---
GT: Yoyodoj0 (thats a zero on the end)