Fastest way to level Destruction?

#1kingsivPosted 5/17/2013 8:45:07 AM
I've heard Runes + Summon Familiar. Is that right?
#2Evil_SandwichPosted 5/17/2013 8:55:14 AM
Lolnope. Horribly wrong.

Get the Mage Stone + Lover Stone combo w/ Aetherial Crown then stack those w/ Lover's Comfort (all magic skills will level 50% faster)

Once you do this spam Incinerate on Shadowmere (alternate between hands DON'T dual-cast)

To have the Lover Stone stack with Lover's Comfort store it on Aetherial Crown then just take it off before you go to sleep to get the bonus and put it back on.
#3kingsiv(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 9:01:02 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Lolnope. Horribly wrong.

Get the Mage Stone + Lover Stone combo w/ Aetherial Crown then stack those w/ Lover's Comfort (all magic skills will level 50% faster)

Once you do this spam Incinerate on Shadowmere (alternate between hands DON'T dual-cast)

To have the Lover Stone stack with Lover's Comfort store it on Aetherial Crown then just take it off before you go to sleep to get the bonus and put it back on.

Uh, okay.
#4PhebrizzoPosted 5/17/2013 9:08:09 AM
kingsiv posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Lolnope. Horribly wrong.

Uh, okay.

ES failed to mention you would need the Dawnguard dlc in order to obtain the crown. If you have it, then what ES says is correct. Other than that just keep blowing up bandits and wildlife in the woods.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2455487
#5LordTrinenPosted 5/17/2013 9:08:10 AM
A slightly altered method:

If you can, get zero casting cost in the Destruction school and Restoration school. Either equip four items with 25% reduction or Resto Loop an item for 100% reduction.

Buy yourself a horse if you don't have Shadowmere. Take it somewhere isolated so you won't be disturbed. Put the Flames spell in one hand and Healing Hands in the other. Start casting both on the horse. Tape down the triggers, put down the controller and go do whatever. Move one of the control sticks from time to time to keep the game from falling asleep.

This may be a slow process but it will let you level Destruction and Restoration simultaneously. Make sure you have the Mage stone active or do the combo the above poster mentioned.
#6kingsiv(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 9:13:40 AM
LordTrinen posted...

If you can, get zero casting cost in the Destruction school and Restoration school. Either equip four items with 25% reduction or Resto Loop an item for 100% reduction.

Buy yourself a horse if you don't have Shadowmere. Take it somewhere isolated so you won't be disturbed. Put the Flames spell in one hand and Healing Hands in the other. Start casting both on the horse. Tape down the triggers, put down the controller and go do whatever. Move one of the control sticks from time to time to keep the game from falling asleep.

This may be a slow process but it will let you level Destruction and Restoration simultaneously. Make sure you have the Mage stone active or do the combo the above poster mentioned.

I don't have Dawnguard yet, so, this is better for me. Thanks.
#7LockeadonPosted 5/17/2013 9:42:40 AM
kingsiv posted...
LordTrinen posted...

I don't have Dawnguard yet, so, this is better for me. Thanks.

shadowmere is better for this because it has massively more health and regen then a regular horse, so you can use stronger spells more safely, what i did was park him next to a farm and alternate incinerate with both hands then heal him with the strongest resto spell when his health got low. this method requires more direct attention but is much faster than with flames and healing hands. you can also do this with a regular horse but you will have to heal it more often. before you get incinerate and grand healing just use whatever is strongest.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#8niko-mp3Posted 5/17/2013 10:10:03 AM
pay Faralda early and often
#9LordTrinenPosted 5/17/2013 10:25:05 AM
niko-mp3 posted...

That's another good way. Pay Faralda at the College for some lessons, pickpocket the gold back and repeat. You can level Destruction and Pickpocketing. Do this every time you gain a level. Do it at night so after Faralda does the lesson she'll climb into bed and you can more easily steal the gold.
#10kingsiv(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 10:28:04 AM
LordTrinen posted...
niko-mp3 posted...

That's another good way. Pay Faralda at the College for some lessons, pickpocket the gold back and repeat. You can level Destruction and Pickpocketing. Do this every time you gain a level. Do it at night so after Faralda does the lesson she'll climb into bed and you can more easily steal the gold.

Good idea. I just got Ice Form so I can pickpocket her without fail.