What follower would be the best for this build idea?

#1TaigaWilliamPosted 5/17/2013 9:38:44 AM
I was thinking of making a healing paladin for a party. I would do very little but heal and tank for followers and atronauchs who have good dps. What I need is a follower with good dps who will use a staff to summon things. I considered Serana, but she never uses conjuration staves for me, and it would mess me up to have an unarmed zombie punching and messing up my tanking. Good dps can be either an aggressive ranged attacker or a dual wielder who will summon regularly before gettin in the fray. I need someone who will put out an atronauch then put up big numbers. I will keep them well equipped for attack and me for defense. Who would work well for this party dynamic?
#2Evil_SandwichPosted 5/17/2013 9:42:59 AM
Jordis the Sword-Maiden?

She's hot like Serana.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121011000314/elderscrolls/images/thumb/2/29/Jordis_Housecarl.png/500px-Jordis_Housecarl.png
#3elaukaPosted 5/17/2013 9:44:07 AM
whoever the girl in the Drunken Huntsmen is, shes like an assassin
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)
#4jomurphy25Posted 5/17/2013 9:44:08 AM
this game isn't really designed for the player to not be the active fighter, especially since follower ai is spotty at best
---
Gust of Wind Da...*cough* *cough* I really need to stop smoking
#5Ubergrim3Posted 5/17/2013 9:44:55 AM
Serana is also undead, so you'd have to use necromantic healing on her, which I believe is only available to those who side with the vampires. Not very paladin-y.

Most followers seem to always have SOMETHING that limits their usefulness, whether it be a low level cap or just crappy programming like J'zargo. I don't really know which ones would be most useful to you, but here's the list: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Follower_(Skyrim)
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#6FMLGPosted 5/17/2013 9:52:30 AM
You could Roleplay as a healer in a party of followers. Use Jenassa or Serana and use the Dark Brotherhood glitch to get four followers. Leave some other quests unfinished as well if you like.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Grand Jester of the Fourth Empire
#7yoyodoj0Posted 5/17/2013 10:51:27 AM
FMLG posted...
You could Roleplay as a healer in a party of followers. Use Jenassa or Serana and use the Dark Brotherhood glitch to get four followers. Leave some other quests unfinished as well if you like.

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS GLITCH!
but seriously 4 followers would be a damn war party.
---
GT: Yoyodoj0 (thats a zero on the end)
#8TaigaWilliam(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 5:13:58 PM
=/
The multiple follower glitch is an option, but I wasn't planning to do the DB. Can anyone else be used? I can only find documentation of the DB initiates and Cicero...

Will it work with anyone, as long as I can race to get them hired fast enough? I think two summons, a Sanguine Rose follower, and the follower themselves might be enough, though, with me pulling aggro as hard as Skyrim allows. =/
---
"When a man is late, he is cool. When a woman is late, she is pregnant. Remember, always wear watches and condoms." Gunter Vogler - Bullet in the Face
#9VeezaraPosted 5/17/2013 5:19:29 PM
Could try with Belrand, he uses staves pretty well and is also pretty awesome in melee combat.
#10TaigaWilliam(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 8:03:41 PM
this game isn't really designed for the player to not be the active fighter, especially since follower ai is spotty at best

I feel like I generally draw primary aggro from a single enemy or get most of the attention in a room even when I don't want to, when I play with a follower. I'm sure I can do that and more, if I'm really trying.

Could try with Belrand, he uses staves pretty well and is also pretty awesome in melee combat.

Meh, I'd rather go Jenassa. I've heard before that she uses staves well enough, and she's cooler than Belrand, the hairless wonder xd

Also, as far as DPS, a reliable dual wielder will do better than a spellsword when not having to worry about getting hit. Also, her primary skill is actually archery, so she could be equipped to make a super pro ranged DPS to compliment me getting up close and tanking.

Jordis the Sword-Maiden?

She's hot like Serana.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121011000314/elderscrolls/images/thumb/2/29/Jordis_Housecarl.png/500px-Jordis_Housecarl.png

Don't care about hot/disagree. Jenassa wins again here xd
---
http://exscientologykids.com/