I was loving legendary difficulty until the first dragon fight

#1kobra6187Posted 5/18/2013 11:12:37 PM
A half hour and ~200 arrows (low-level, but had 3/5 overdraw) later it now feels cheap and stupid. When I went up to the dragon after the fight, I recovered 122 arrows.

Instead of playing on legendary I'm thinking of going the other way and attempting to play at a lower difficulty level while limiting my amount of armor and damage output to offset the decrease in opponent HP. Has anyone tried this?
#2ChunhwaPosted 5/18/2013 11:34:45 PM
Pretty much everyone with sense does this. Cranking up enemy damage while reducing your own doesn't make things more difficult, it makes them more tedious. Difficulty settings should have affected enemy AI, rather than just numbers.
---
Captain Cabinets, trapped in cabinets. Can he get out? Will he get out? Course he will.
#3youshallbeasgodPosted 5/19/2013 12:02:17 AM
Skyrim needs Ranger Mode.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 5/19/2013 12:32:59 AM
Skyrim needs Ranger Mode.

You can do that through the opacity settings.
---
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.
#5zeroboboPosted 5/19/2013 1:07:24 AM
Chunhwa posted...
Pretty much everyone with sense does this. Cranking up enemy damage while reducing your own doesn't make things more difficult, it makes them more tedious. Difficulty settings should have affected enemy AI, rather than just numbers.

I completely agree. I prefer Expert in skyrim without using crafting perks. Master is tedious as hell without crafting perks, and i really hate feeling like i have to design my character to get crafting perks so i just skip it and go to Expert. Legendary sounds awful.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#6Bigj089Posted 5/19/2013 9:02:51 AM
Yeah thats what Ive hated about Beths games. For some reason this bugged me more in Fallout 3 than any of their others games. Albino Rads, Reavers, and Overlords were just stupid with their amount of health.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator