Come to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing hostilities, like the rest of the

#11Mistere ManPosted 5/19/2013 12:35:23 AM
lolamericans posted...
I don't understand if he is asking me a question or he is telling me to do something.

That is what the ? is for the question mark lets you know that it is a question, and not a request.

I am most likley wrong in this but I beleive this is called getting the gist of a statement. I mean I could ask something like

"Will you be moving in a directional path that will correspond with the directional path that I myself am to be moving in momentarily?"

Or I could just say

Going my way?

I could also say Are you going my way? but you should get the gist of what I am asking without the are you part being left in.
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#12lolamericans(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 12:41:29 AM
Mistere Man posted...
lolamericans posted...
I don't understand if he is asking me a question or he is telling me to do something.

That is what the ? is for the question mark lets you know that it is a question, and not a request.

I am most likley wrong in this but I beleive this is called getting the gist of a statement. I mean I could ask something like

"Will you be moving in a directional path that will correspond with the directional path that I myself am to be moving in momentarily?"

Or I could just say

Going my way?

I could also say Are you going my way? but you should get the gist of what I am asking without the are you part being left in.

his sentence was longer and he ended the question with a quote so the way he ended it sounds like he isnt asking. going my way? or come here often? is ok but if the sentence was longer you should definitely complete your sentence.
#13Mistere ManPosted 5/19/2013 12:46:37 AM
lolamericans posted...

his sentence was longer and he ended the question with a quote so the way he ended it sounds like he isnt asking. going my way? or come here often? is ok but if the sentence was longer you should definitely complete your sentence.

No he was still asking the same question

He said "Come to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing hostilities , like the rest of the great warriors?"

So basically he was asking are you here for the same reason as every other warrior that comes here? That reason being to discuss the ongoing hostilities.
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#14lolamericans(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 12:48:45 AM
Mistere Man posted...
lolamericans posted...

No he was still asking the same question

He said "Come to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing hostilities , like the rest of the great warriors?"

So basically he was asking are you here for the same reason as every other warrior that comes here? That reason being to discuss the ongoing hostilities.

no? no what?
#15Mistere ManPosted 5/19/2013 12:54:57 AM
lolamericans posted...

no? no what?

Sorry no to this part

and he ended the question with a quote so the way he ended it sounds like he isnt asking.

I was saying it wasn't a quote just a continuation of the question so it was still a question.

It would be like me asking Come to this area to watch the leaves turn, like all the other leafers? It just explains the question better, and gives a reason for why he is asking in the first place.
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#16lolamericans(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 12:58:09 AM
Mistere Man posted...
lolamericans posted...

no? no what?

Sorry no to this part

and he ended the question with a quote so the way he ended it sounds like he isnt asking.

I was saying it wasn't a quote just a continuation of the question so it was still a question.

It would be like me asking Come to this area to watch the leaves turn, like all the other leafers? It just explains the question better, and gives a reason for why he is asking in the first place.

"great warriors" was quoted
#17Mistere ManPosted 5/19/2013 1:01:33 AM
That was more than likely to show sarcasm as he is very high on himself, heck he more than likely feels you are not even worth his time, so why waste it adding a did you to his question as you are just another "Great warrior" who anything more than simple words would be wasted on.
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#18lolamericans(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 1:08:27 AM
Mistere Man posted...
That was more than likely to show sarcasm as he is very high on himself, heck he more than likely feels you are not even worth his time, so why waste it adding a did you to his question as you are just another "Great warrior" who anything more than simple words would be wasted on.

he wouldnt be so high if he couldnt even complete his own sentence.
#19Mistere ManPosted 5/19/2013 1:16:05 AM
lolamericans posted...

he wouldn't be so high if he couldn't even complete his own sentence.

Why waste too many words on what he feels are lower class brutes that only understand smashing things, and short simple sentences?
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.
#20lolamericans(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 1:18:15 AM
Mistere Man posted...
lolamericans posted...

he wouldn't be so high if he couldn't even complete his own sentence.

Why waste too many words on what he feels are lower class brutes that only understand smashing things, and short simple sentences?

he isnt going to waste too many words. he is just gonna add a "did you", and its also much more understandable for lower class brutes.