How will you feel if Bethesda uses the Xbox One for their development?

#1rx54Posted 5/22/2013 9:47:32 PM
If Bethesda develops on the "Xbox One", how would you feel? - Results (559 votes)
Ecstatic
13.06% (73 votes)
Good
6.98% (39 votes)
Don't Care/Neutral
38.64% (216 votes)
Bad
18.43% (103 votes)
Outraged
13.95% (78 votes)
I won't even buy their games anymore!
8.94% (50 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Knowing the PS4 is more graphically advanced, how would you feel if Bethesda continued doing their work on the Xbox?
#2Geekinator992Posted 5/22/2013 10:12:17 PM
Don't care, this is my last console generation anyway.
---
I can do a thing at a place at a time involving people concerning events.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm33/Avarion999/Ran1.png
#3rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:16:03 PM
I'm sure that "Don't Care/Neutral" vote would be a little lower if 360 users were the ones to experience all the problems of PS3.
I'm assuming everyone voting for "Don't Care/Neutral" are planning on getting the Xbox One, which is why they wouldn't care.

If you are getting a PS4 and Beth continues development on the 360, it's a fact that the graphics will be worse than they could be for you.
Then there's the fear that the games will be significantly more buggy and dlc delays again.
Though I think those assumptions can be ruled out as both consoles will be using the same architecture, which is almost certainly what caused the bugs and dlc delays for the PS3, porting issues and such will be a thing of the past now.
#4rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:17:12 PM
Geekinator992 posted...
Don't care, this is my last console generation anyway.

It would be for me too if I had the patience and money to build an amazing PC.
If I ever do go PC, I am not going half way.
I'd go full everything, because I would have the options to.
#5Ubergrim3Posted 5/22/2013 10:26:27 PM
Why wouldn't they? The Xbox One and PS4 are almost completely similar in terms of hardware, I doubt it will be as hard to go multiplatform as it is in THIS generation.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#6rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:44:48 PM(edited)
Ubergrim3 posted...
Why wouldn't they? The Xbox One and PS4 are almost completely similar in terms of hardware, I doubt it will be as hard to go multiplatform as it is in THIS generation.

They are not as similar as you think.
PS4 uses GDDR5 while the Xbox One uses DDR3.
It's futile effort to argue about this with anyone who didn't even know what they were until they just read the sentence I just typed.
So if that's the case, I won't bother, I tried once, and the guy was just ignorant about it, because he didn't even know anything about it.

The GDDR5 and DDR3 are facts, have been proven, and is indisputable.
PS4 uses GDDR5 and Xbox One uses DDR3.
It is also a fact that GDDR5 is better than DDR3.
GDDR5 is based off of DDR3, which to any logical person, means it was released after.
Now logically, that means it would be better.
Who would release something, based off of something older, and make it worse?
A newer worse version?
That's the basic logical explanation I will give, because the specifics will just confuse people who are fanboys.
If you want to learn more research it.

Because one console uses GDDR5 and one uses DDR3 and we know GDDR5 > DDR3 then it is not disputable that PS4 graphics > Xbox One graphics.

Their hardware is also not utilized identically, the Xbox One has more of it's ram devoted to it's OS because it has more happening, since it's a Console/Cable Box/Everything in one...
PS4 is a console and nothing more.
They have the same amount of memory, but the PS4 has less things to do with it, so it can focus more on graphics, as a GAMING console should do.

Let me be clear and say I believe the 360>PS3 before anyone yells fanboy.
I sold my PS3 after 2 years for a 360.
I also liked the PS2 over the original Xbox.

tl:dr
The PS4 has better graphics than the Xbox One, you will look stupid if you disagree because anyone who knows anything about tech has said this.
Also, nvidia has even stated this.
Do you know better than a company who makes all their money off of graphics?
Would a company as big as them slander a console with false statements for fun?
Don't look silly.

They do use the same architecture (x86) so one could say porting issues are practically gone, or will be much less significant.
It is possible that if a game was designed to max out the PS4's capabilities, and then was ported to the Xbox One, problems could arise when they have to water it down for the Xbox One to handle it.
Any porting from the Xbox One to the PS4 should ideally have no porting problems whatsoever, other than it won't look as good as it could have if it was developed on the PS4.

End.
#7Claimh_SoliasPosted 5/22/2013 10:46:40 PM
Ignorant because I'm not wallowing in angst at Bethesda over something I can't change?
---
PSN: CaliburnSeraph Pawn: Queen (Level:10x Sorc)
"on your feet, come with me, we are soldiers stand or die"
#8rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:49:22 PM(edited)
Claimh_Solias posted...
Ignorant because I'm not wallowing in angst at Bethesda over something I can't change?

.....what?
You're ignorant if you argue about graphics between the two consoles without having a clue what GDDR5 or DDR3 are...

I just wanted to hear opinions, and stated a bunch of facts as clearly as a could to the common man who doesn't know these things, which is why instead of giving what would be mumbo jumbo specifics that wouldn't get anyone anywhere, I gave basic logical observations and told them what was true, and if they doubted me, to research for themselves.
#9rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 11:22:58 PM(edited)
Anyways, this part I don't know if it's true, and is the first possible rumor I am throwing into this topic.
Apparently the Xbox One uses 3gb of it's total 8gb ram to run it's OS.
While apparently the PS4 only uses 1gb of it's 8gb for its OS.

So while the hardware is close to the same, it's how it's used.
If this is true, the PS4 hypothetically has 7gb left to handle graphics and sound or whatever else may be included there.
Where as the Xbox One would only have 5gb.
#10Ubergrim3Posted 5/22/2013 11:30:06 PM
rx54 posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...

They are not as similar as you think.
PS4 uses GDDR5 while the Xbox One uses DDR3.
It's futile effort to argue about this with anyone who didn't even know what they were until they just read the sentence I just typed.
So if that's the case, I won't bother, I tried once, and the guy was just ignorant about it, because he didn't even know anything about it.

The GDDR5 and DDR3 are facts, have been proven, and is indisputable.
PS4 uses GDDR5 and Xbox One uses DDR3.
It is also a fact that GDDR5 is better than DDR3.
GDDR5 is based off of DDR3, which to any logical person, means it was released after.
Now logically, that means it would be better.
Who would release something, based off of something older, and make it worse?
A newer worse version?
That's the basic logical explanation I will give, because the specifics will just confuse people who are fanboys.
If you want to learn more research it.

Because one console uses GDDR5 and one uses DDR3 and we know GDDR5 > DDR3 then it is not disputable that PS4 graphics > Xbox One graphics.

Their hardware is also not utilized identically, the Xbox One has more of it's ram devoted to it's OS because it has more happening, since it's a Console/Cable Box/Everything in one...
PS4 is a console and nothing more.
They have the same amount of memory, but the PS4 has less things to do with it, so it can focus more on graphics, as a GAMING console should do.

Let me be clear and say I believe the 360>PS3 before anyone yells fanboy.
I sold my PS3 after 2 years for a 360.
I also liked the PS2 over the original Xbox.

tl:dr
The PS4 has better graphics than the Xbox One, you will look stupid if you disagree because anyone who knows anything about tech has said this.
Also, nvidia has even stated this.
Do you know better than a company who makes all their money off of graphics?
Would a company as big as them slander a console with false statements for fun?
Don't look silly.

They do use the same architecture (x86) so one could say porting issues are practically gone, or will be much less significant.
It is possible that if a game was designed to max out the PS4's capabilities, and then was ported to the Xbox One, problems could arise when they have to water it down for the Xbox One to handle it.
Any porting from the Xbox One to the PS4 should ideally have no porting problems whatsoever, other than it won't look as good as it could have if it was developed on the PS4.

End.

Oy, bro, I said similar, not the same.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx