Lore wise, what race do you think would use a battle axe?

#1RawePosted 5/26/2013 10:43:18 AM
Between Nord, Orc, or Redguard
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#2JoeSnake132Posted 5/26/2013 10:46:28 AM
I don't see why any of them wouldn't use a battle axe
---
which is better to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through effort?
#3PootbirdPosted 5/26/2013 10:48:25 AM
Pretty much every race can use a battle axe is they wanted too...
---
The official POOTIS to the Elder Scrolls RP.
Drugs? Please, I have daft punk.
#4Jstretch19Posted 5/26/2013 10:51:20 AM
What's with all the topics trying to stereotype a race?

None of those have any predisposition towards a weapon type, it all depends on the individual.
#5Rawe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 10:51:38 AM
I thought orcs were mostly warhammer users, seeing if someone disagrees. I feel nords are both battleaxe and greatsword.
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#6Spooky-MittensPosted 5/26/2013 11:08:47 AM
If a Khajiit doesn't have to be a sneaky thief, then a Nord doesn't have to be a barbaric knuckle-dragger.

Your weapon choice is irrelevant to your race choice, and each race will have relatively equal skill with whatever weapon you choose. However, not all races are equal in certain areas. For instance, Orcs and Redguards have racial daily powers that predispose them towards warrior classes, with Orcs being able to take and deal much more damage, while Redguards can spam away with the power attacks. Nords, on the other hand, don't have any such predisposition. Their daily is a fear, and their racial passive is frost resist. What I mean to say is any race can make good use of any weapon, and no one race is predisposed to a specific weapon type. However, each race IS predisposed to using certain tactics.

For instance, let's take Altmer and their High Born daily. While this doesn't appear to help them in two-hander combat, it's still a very useful tool. You can cast cloaks, and runes to set up a sort of dead-zone before combat, then perhaps calm or paralyze some of your foes. If your magicka is low, you can pop high born and keep it going to perhaps summon an atronach or dremora lord, or even to conjure your own battle axe before closing in for melee :3
#7turn_basedPosted 5/26/2013 11:11:11 AM
this topic is as cool and inspired as the tc's sig
---
The ones in the gold masks are party crashers, but all are welcome to the Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball
#8SpoonForkKnifePosted 5/26/2013 11:16:13 AM
Hi Rawe don't worry about these guys they must have not been hugged enough at school by their teachers.

Traditionally from a lore sense wood elves used battle axes this is outlined in the book "Wild Hunt for the Gullible" it also outlines their need to feel close to nature thus they remain naked and crouched until they strike.

This book can be found in anyone of Skyrim's many bookstores.
---
Fourth Empires Keeper of Cutlery.
Zapdos is our lord and he shall protect us from the coming darkness.
#9THAASSASSINPosted 5/26/2013 11:24:52 AM
Nord
---
I be that pretty mother f-----
#10J_GRAYPosted 5/26/2013 11:28:29 AM
Definitely Nord i would say. Think of Ysgramor and his Wuuthrad.