Afflicted build

#1LordTrinenPosted 5/28/2013 7:44:34 PM
I've got an idea for roleplaying a member of the Afflicted and a worshipper of Peryite.

First I'll let the character get sick by catching one or more diseases and never getting them cured. I'll use enchantments to counter their negative effects. Once I have the desired disease(s) I'll equip something that gives them disease immunity so they won't catch vampirism. I'll want them to remain mortal.

I'll definitely make them skilled in Alchemy and have them use a lot of poisons and for healing. Maybe Pickpocketing too so I can reverse-pickpocket poisons onto an enemy. However I'm not sure what other skills to use. I think I'll mainly use weapons instead of spells so I'll have more opportunities to use poisons. I'll use bows instead of Destruction magic for ranged damage. With it should I use one-handed or two-handed weapons?

What race should I pick? I'm tempted to say Bosmer like Orchendor but they're 50% resistant to disease so this will make it harder to catch something.

I'll have them wear simple or ratty clothes/armor because I think this will fit better with a diseased servant of Peryite.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
#2NepharenPosted 5/29/2013 5:12:42 AM
A majority of the afflicted are Breton so that may be the better race.

Their skill set is pretty varied so any playstyle would probably fit. Your idea for using poisons is a good one. Concentrated poison perk would suit your build as well as all of the other perks in the alchemy skill tree.

Since you can't shoot poison like other afflicted, the serpent stone power could be used instead allowing a poisoned "bite"; you could consider it a blessing of Peryite who's basically a glorified serpent anyhow :)
#3FMLGPosted 5/29/2013 5:14:46 AM
There is the spell they use in the Peryite quest IIRC. You need either a modded save or PC skyrim. If the spell actually is usable.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Grand Jester of the Fourth Empire
#4Evil_SandwichPosted 5/29/2013 5:27:01 AM
FMLG posted...
There is the spell they use in the Peryite quest IIRC. You need either a modded save or PC skyrim. If the spell actually is usable.

They "vomit" acidic bile, can't really classify that as a spell...
#5FMLGPosted 5/29/2013 5:27:52 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
FMLG posted...

It's clasified as a spell.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Grand Jester of the Fourth Empire
#6NepharenPosted 5/29/2013 6:00:23 AM
FMLG posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
FMLG posted...

Can't verify since I don't have the pc version but some are saying that there is both a shout and spell version of the ability. The shout version code is 00059327 but requires dragon souls to unlock and it doesn't unlock like it should. Can't find any info on the spell version. Most likely a moot point, not sure if lord trinnen has ability to make a modded save.
#7CarbideTitanPosted 5/29/2013 6:09:42 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
FMLG posted...

Totally a spell. I see some college girls practicing this magic every friday night.
---
Your powers of observation continue to serve you well.
#8LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2013 6:12:05 AM
Nepharen posted...
FMLG posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
FMLG posted...

Can't verify since I don't have the pc version but some are saying that there is both a shout and spell version of the ability. The shout version code is 00059327 but requires dragon souls to unlock and it doesn't unlock like it should. Can't find any info on the spell version. Most likely a moot point, not sure if lord trinnen has ability to make a modded save.

I can't personally but I do know some people willing to help me with that. However I don't like using commands that give me certain things that are normally unavailable to the player out of fear that it might cause bad glitches and/or break the game.

Having this poison attack might be good but I can make do without it. I'll just carry lots of poison around with me.

Any other suggestions related to weapons or skills?
#9JOExHIGASHIPosted 5/29/2013 6:26:11 AM
miraak staff

poison rune spell

mora's agony

you also have to avoid undead and dragons unless you have a non poison way of fighting them

namira's ring could be a way to boost health

summon seeker
---
Discipline is remembering what you want
#10thekosmicfool part 2Posted 5/29/2013 6:26:13 AM
The "no essentials" modded save you can download has the poison vomit unlocked as a shout. This save is perfectly safe to use; been using it for multiple characters for a long time now and it's excellent.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.