Speak to the Jarl of Falkreath

#1cdrw1987Posted 6/1/2013 9:45:09 PM
So I'm trying to start up the side-quests to become the Thane, but I don't have any conversation options other than about him being young and his inexperience. I don't think I have any other rare gift radiant quests active, that is unless there are others that aren't listed. Any help?
---
"Oh dear! The guests will have to eat hamburgers for dinner tonight."
#2NepharenPosted 6/1/2013 9:48:10 PM
Around level 10 you'll get a letter from a courier from the jarl of Falkreath. This is what you need to start earning his favor. (Only with hearthfire installed)

Otherwise it's a go fetch mead quest.
#3cdrw1987(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2013 9:53:03 PM
Nepharen posted...
Around level 10 you'll get a letter from a courier from the jarl of Falkreath. This is what you need to start earning his favor. (Only with hearthfire installed)

Otherwise it's a go fetch mead quest.

Well yeah I have that but it's still nothing. I have also helped three people, I stole Lod's letter, retrieved Runil's journal, and delivered the ashes, I also sold vegetables and still nothing.
---
#4NepharenPosted 6/1/2013 9:59:05 PM
So you have the letter from the jarl but he isn't giving you the quest to slay bandits? Did you read the letter?

If you did read the letter but he isn't giving you tasks, then I'm not really sure why? You didn't by chance kill his housecarl, did you?
#5silverhunter16Posted 6/1/2013 10:03:01 PM
3 questions.

1) What's your current level? If you're too high a level the quest get's locked out.

2) Did you join the Dark Brotherhood and if so did you kill the housecarl? That would lower Siddguir's disposition of you and also lock the quest.

3) Are you Thane of Falkreath already? If you read the note after becoming Thane than it will just be a bugged misc. quest that will never get removed from the log.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things you're going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#6cdrw1987(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2013 10:04:48 PM
Nepharen posted...
So you have the letter from the jarl but he isn't giving you the quest to slay bandits? Did you read the letter?

If you did read the letter but he isn't giving you tasks, then I'm not really sure why? You didn't by chance kill his housecarl, did you?

Yeh I just read it just to make sure, and nothing updated. All I can talk to him about is him being too young.

And his housecarl is that high elf woman isn't it? If so she is fine, and I just to a slay a Giant quest from her.
---
#7cdrw1987(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2013 10:06:16 PM
silverhunter16 posted...
3 questions.

1) What's your current level? If you're too high a level the quest get's locked out.

---
#8silverhunter16Posted 6/1/2013 10:11:08 PM
cdrw1987 posted...
silverhunter16 posted...
3 questions.

Then that's not the issue.

cdrw1987 posted...
And his housecarl is that high elf woman isn't it? If so she is fine, and I just to a slay a Giant quest from her.

No, his housecarl is the guy in scaled armor. The elf is his steward
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things you're going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#9NepharenPosted 6/1/2013 10:11:13 PM
The high elf is his steward. The nord wearing scale armor named Helvard is the housecarl.
#10NepharenPosted 6/1/2013 10:15:40 PM
I don't mean to hijack the thread but at what level do quests get locked and which ones do this? This is the first time i've heard of this and i'm starting to get worried about the level of my current character