It seems WAY too easy to screw yourself over in this game.

#21masterswordPosted 6/12/2013 11:32:19 AM
Last Vampire posted...
The best thing about Morrowind was guild progression. You didn't just join as an FNG and then become Great Leader after an hour or two of quests. You actually had to climb the ranks, and each rank had a stat requirement that made sense for the guild.

If they did that today, I can't imagine the b**** fits that would be thrown about how hard it was to do everything on one character.

I actually agree with this. Plus you had to do quests for the different chapters of the guilds in different cities; i.e. do a bunch of Fighters Guild quests in Balmora, rank up, go to Vivec and do some more, and so on. It really made you feel like you were ranking up and investing in the guild. I think they used the same system in Oblivion for the most part? It's been a bit since I've played either game to be honest.

With that said, I easily did everything on one character in Oblivion, and its system was similar to Morrowind. Pretty sure I did a majority of the quests in Morrowind with one character as well for that matter, so not sure about your last bit there.
---
That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the **** up for a minute and comfortably share the silence.
#22RikashiPosted 6/12/2013 11:38:23 AM
mastersword posted...
Last Vampire posted...
The best thing about Morrowind was guild progression. You didn't just join as an FNG and then become Great Leader after an hour or two of quests. You actually had to climb the ranks, and each rank had a stat requirement that made sense for the guild.

If they did that today, I can't imagine the b**** fits that would be thrown about how hard it was to do everything on one character.

I actually agree with this. Plus you had to do quests for the different chapters of the guilds in different cities; i.e. do a bunch of Fighters Guild quests in Balmora, rank up, go to Vivec and do some more, and so on. It really made you feel like you were ranking up and investing in the guild. I think they used the same system in Oblivion for the most part? It's been a bit since I've played either game to be honest.

With that said, I easily did everything on one character in Oblivion, and its system was similar to Morrowind. Pretty sure I did a majority of the quests in Morrowind with one character as well for that matter, so not sure about your last bit there.

Contrary to what a lot of posters here say, you can join and complete a lot of the guilds in Morrowind with just one character. It's just a lot harder to do, with having to meet certain skill/attribute requirements and all.

Only the Great Houses and the Fighters/Thieves Guild (due to some bug, I believe) were mutually exclusive.
---
The ruling king that sees in another his equivalent rules nothing. - Vivec
#23SNESdude11Posted 6/12/2013 11:41:39 AM
People like the TC are the reason games are becoming more and more dumbed down.
#24rx54Posted 6/12/2013 11:54:17 AM
SNESdude11 posted...
People like the TC are the reason games are becoming more and more dumbed down.

Simple games for simple people.
#25youngval312Posted 6/12/2013 12:45:23 PM
At least it's not like Morrowind where you could sell the papers you get at the beginning and ruin the Main Quest right away. :P
---
-Val Young-