Game keeps freeing, any advice?

#11ESaddictPosted 6/14/2013 6:16:23 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
I have cleared my cache but I still get it, it has frozen on me around 7 times today alone.

If it's a pre patch, dlc save then start a brand new game. Some of my old characters had this problem so I just started fresh and it works fine now.
#12DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 6:22:06 AM
ESaddict posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
I have cleared my cache but I still get it, it has frozen on me around 7 times today alone.

If it's a pre patch, dlc save then start a brand new game. Some of my old characters had this problem so I just started fresh and it works fine now.

I started a fresh save, haven't played since the game first came out but got back in to it recently.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#13DrNewcensteinPosted 6/14/2013 7:23:42 AM
To clear the game's cache, go into your Storage>Games menu and highlight the Skyrim listing, you should see a button option to clear cache or Details or something.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#14DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 9:49:12 AM
DrNewcenstein posted...
To clear the game's cache, go into your Storage>Games menu and highlight the Skyrim listing, you should see a button option to clear cache or Details or something.

I looked and it is only bringing up the option for copy, move or delete.

And yes, I didn't know notice the error in the title.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#15Velvet_LlamaPosted 6/14/2013 10:12:45 AM
Is the game freezing in any particular area? I started playing again recently (last time I had played was pre 1.4 patch I believe) and have been noticing that the game will freeze in a small area around Riften, near Goldenglow estate. I looked around online and noticed several PC players reporting the game crashing to the desktop in the exact same area. A crash to desktop sounds like the same kind of fault as the freezes I experienced (the system just suddenly locks up and is unresponsive).
---
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).
#16Velvet_LlamaPosted 6/14/2013 10:13:50 AM
mdealassfault posted...
It's a Bethesda game, get used to it.

And then there's this jerk...
---
This space reserved for future witty comment.
Maybe it can be yours!!!! (Probably not).
#17DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 10:18:09 AM
Velvet_Llama posted...
Is the game freezing in any particular area? I started playing again recently (last time I had played was pre 1.4 patch I believe) and have been noticing that the game will freeze in a small area around Riften, near Goldenglow estate. I looked around online and noticed several PC players reporting the game crashing to the desktop in the exact same area. A crash to desktop sounds like the same kind of fault as the freezes I experienced (the system just suddenly locks up and is unresponsive).

One place I have noticed it is when I walk on the road from Whiterun to Riverwood.
---
#18DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 10:31:41 AM
Oh and I also get it a lot on loading screens.
---