Still don't understand chaos damage.

#1RawePosted 6/14/2013 7:55:56 PM
I don't understand how the damage works. So lets say it has 50% chance to do 25 points of fire, frost or shock. So it has a 50% chance for 25 points of damage from one of the 3? Or a 50% chance to use all 3 at once?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#2iDontCareBearPosted 6/14/2013 7:57:15 PM
All 3 at once.
#3Rawe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 8:03:33 PM
So how much damage.does it do of my enchanting is 100, but I don't use destruction.
---
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#4DrNewcensteinPosted 6/14/2013 8:22:01 PM
The damage done by the enchantment on an enchanted weapon is based on your skill level in the school of the enchantment used on the weapon.

For a Destruction-enchanted weapon, you will do level 20 Destruction damage if you are level 20 Destruction. If you are level 100 Destruction, you will do level 100 Destruction damage.

Of course that's in addition to your skill level in the weapon class it's attached to - one-handed, 2-handed, archery.

You would pretty much be wasting your time with a Destruction-enchanted weapon if you don't have any mentionable skill in Destruction.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#5LockeadonPosted 6/14/2013 8:24:26 PM
more accurately each element has its own 50% chance of doing the stated damage. so say for example that it says 50% chance of fire frost or shock for 50 damage. it could do no damage, if none of the elements activate. it could do 50 points of damage if one element activates and the other two dont. it could do 100 points of damage if two of the elements activate and the other one doesnt. or it could do 150 points of damage if every element activate.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#6Rawe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 8:27:14 PM
Damn. Well I'd like to take destruction except for the fact it's underpowered. But if I had a 100 destruction, a sword I enchant with fire damage will be 100 fire damage?
---
#7LockeadonPosted 6/14/2013 8:29:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8LockeadonPosted 6/14/2013 8:31:36 PM
Lockeadon posted...
DrNewcenstein posted...
The damage done by the enchantment on an enchanted weapon is based on your skill level in the school of the enchantment used on the weapon.

For a Destruction-enchanted weapon, you will do level 20 Destruction damage if you are level 20 Destruction. If you are level 100 Destruction, you will do level 100 Destruction damage.

Of course that's in addition to your skill level in the weapon class it's attached to - one-handed, 2-handed, archery.

You would pretty much be wasting your time with a Destruction-enchanted weapon if you don't have any mentionable skill in Destruction.

if you get the augmented perks in destruction they will increase the damage of thier element from enchants as well as the relevant elemental enchanter perks. skill makes a difference for number of uses iirc but im not sure it actually increases the effectiveness of the enchants tied to it.

---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#9slothicaPosted 6/15/2013 1:38:51 PM
Just gonna throw it in here; I noticed if you apply chaos damage, then a shock damage enchant as the second effect, both enchantments get significantly stronger.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
I died and went to heaven. Apparently I'm on the ban list.
#10jammymacsterPosted 6/15/2013 3:55:56 PM
Lockeadon posted...
if you get the augmented perks in destruction they will increase the damage of thier element from enchants as well as the relevant elemental enchanter perks. skill makes a difference for number of uses iirc but im not sure it actually increases the effectiveness of the enchants tied to it.

Yea that's right. Skill level only lowers the amount of charge destruction based enchantments use per strike, not modify the damage.

With the Augment perks if one of the Augment perks affects one of the enchantments on a weapon it'll also affect the other even if it's unrelated. For example, if you have a Fire Damage and Paralyse enchanted weapon with the Augment Fire perk then Augment Fire will boost both the Fire Damage and Paralysis. If you have two different elemental damage enchants with both relevant Augment perks then they get boosted twice, once from one of the Augments and once from the other. Chaos damage counts for any of the Augment perks so coupled with another elemental damage enchant and it's Augment perk will do massive damage.

Hope that makes sense.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
http:///www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1