Do you need to be married in order to adopt children?

#1Milla_MaxwellPosted 6/18/2013 3:29:57 PM
I've always been married long before I adopt any kids in this game.

Is it mandatory to be married to adopt?

I would think so, because the kids would be alone at home when you're not around.

Anyone know?
---
While all the fanboys were whining for Vesperia PS3 to come out in English, I was secretly hoping for an HD Symphonia.
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#2Mushroom87Posted 6/18/2013 3:31:44 PM
no, you just have to have childrens room/bed
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
haha, look at TC and then the fourth poster, stupid troll is stupid
#3njorlsPosted 6/18/2013 3:35:00 PM
Your adopted kids will attend your wedding, it's a nice touch actually
---
I should go.
#4Krixx87Posted 6/18/2013 4:39:41 PM
njorls posted...
Your adopted kids will attend your wedding, it's a nice touch actually

It can be kind of like a Brady Bunch and/or Parent Trap like situation!
#5VeezaraPosted 6/18/2013 5:28:47 PM
isn't being alone in a warm house better than being alone in the streets?
#6LooksForSkoomaPosted 6/18/2013 5:33:53 PM
TC what are you up to you want to be all alone with a bunch of kids. The NSA needs to get on this with that PRISM!
---
A guy on chataboutjesus.com told me that if God wanted to he could make 1+1=/=2 Lol.
#7thor23Posted 6/18/2013 5:39:09 PM(edited)
Even if you are married your child could still be left home alone. Your spouse may be your active follower, your spouse may still live in their own house instead of yours, or you may move your spouse into one of your homes and your child into a different home. Or your spouse could die.
#8VeezaraPosted 6/18/2013 5:51:17 PM
thor23 posted...
Even if you are married your child could still be left home alone. Your spouse may be your active follower, your spouse may still live in their own house instead of yours, or you may move your spouse into one of your homes and your child into a different home. Or your spouse could die.

They can't stay in their own house after you adopt. I married Sylgja near the beginning, and chose to stay with her because I couldn't afford a house at the time but she starts saving as soon as she is married.
Joined the Stormcloaks and started doing their quests, as soon as Hjerm became available I bought it and all the improvements. First thing I did after leaving the Palace of Kings was offer Sofie a home, because she was in Windhelm already she ran straight to it, if I spoke to her she said, "I can't wait." instead of "I need to get my things vtogether and say goodbye to everyone." Well I suppose that makes sense, she didn't need to say goodbye because she wasn't leaving Windhelm, just moving into my house. Sylgja was already in the house when she got there. Even though she was still in Shor's Stone when I bought the house and it would be physically imposible for her to get there before Sofie the game teleported her.
Also if you marry after adopting they will say, "You can stay with me, but you have children don't you? We'll need to live in a place with room for them." and you need to choose one of your own properties that has a child's room.