new to skyrim... need some answers

#1112ehstevePosted 6/19/2013 11:14:41 AM
The Resto-Loop is an exploit mentioned in a couple of the Sticky topics, or in the Alchemy FAQs.

The gist of it is you'll make armor that boosts your alchemy skill, make a potion to boost THAT boost, then you keep stacking the boosts and finally make potions to boost smithing or enchanting (or anything really). And the stacks will have these potions be "For 30 seconds boosts smithing improvement by 364,465%" so that when you drink said potion and improve say a bow, it will go from 60 damage to 35,000 damage or something ridiculously high. You can use this to make incredible over powered weapons, armored, enchantments, even just plain potions. It's fun, but it breaks the game when a single arrow kills anything.

As for your armor, again, depends on what skills you're going for and what play style. If you want more stealth try enchanting it with something to increase sneak ability or muffle footsteps. Or something that boosts archery skills. One thing you might want to do is pick either Light or Heavy armor and stick with it (don't jump back and forth between the two types) and upgrade your Blacksmith tree perks accordingly.
---
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/ehsteve12/
My Legend of Zelda Collection - Last update Feb. 14/13
#12ScRui(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 11:19:11 AM
12ehsteve posted...
The Resto-Loop is an exploit mentioned in a couple of the Sticky topics, or in the Alchemy FAQs.

The gist of it is you'll make armor that boosts your alchemy skill, make a potion to boost THAT boost, then you keep stacking the boosts and finally make potions to boost smithing or enchanting (or anything really). And the stacks will have these potions be "For 30 seconds boosts smithing improvement by 364,465%" so that when you drink said potion and improve say a bow, it will go from 60 damage to 35,000 damage or something ridiculously high. You can use this to make incredible over powered weapons, armored, enchantments, even just plain potions. It's fun, but it breaks the game when a single arrow kills anything.

As for your armor, again, depends on what skills you're going for and what play style. If you want more stealth try enchanting it with something to increase sneak ability or muffle footsteps. Or something that boosts archery skills. One thing you might want to do is pick either Light or Heavy armor and stick with it (don't jump back and forth between the two types) and upgrade your Blacksmith tree perks accordingly.

Yea I don't want to be OP... So that exploit I ain't doing lol

But definitely want to get my bow maxed and heavy armor up but blacksmith is moving soo slow up right now... And enchanting sucks because I don't have good gems so I get 1%-2% upgrades on gear lol
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#1312ehstevePosted 6/19/2013 11:21:23 AM
ScRui posted...
12ehsteve posted...

Yea I don't want to be OP... So that exploit I ain't doing lol

But definitely want to get my bow maxed and heavy armor up but blacksmith is moving soo slow up right now... And enchanting sucks because I don't have good gems so I get 1%-2% upgrades on gear lol

Well you could use the exploit to level up your Smithing and Enchanting and just not use any of the OP gear. This will just let you make Legendary gear and get those boosts. Still exploiting but not OP.
---
#14ScRui(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 11:45:43 AM
Thanks to all

If any more tips, feel free to post here for me.. thanks
---
#15ScRui(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 6:47:40 AM
Hello again guys,

Just wondering if there was some good recipes I should know that are very useful for alchemy?

Like to boost my magic gear or blacksmithing

Thanks
---
#1612ehstevePosted 6/21/2013 7:12:53 AM
The Resto-Loop ;)

Rather than do the full exploit though here's the ingredients needed to make some potions that will boost your Enchanting or Smithing abilities (for about 30 seconds after drinking). The amount of increase you'll get is based on your Alchemy Skill and any related perks.

Fortify Enchanting: blue butterfly wing, hagraven claw, snowberry, spriggan sap

Fortify Smithing: blisterwort, glowing mushroom, saber cat tooth, spriggan sap

Information taken from thesabrestorm's Alchemy guide.

Keep in mind you only need TWO of the above ingredients to make a fortify potion. So simply mix two together, the resulting potion will say something like "improves smithing ability for 30 seconds by xx%" just make a weapon or armor you'd like. Walk over to a grindstone or craft table, drink the potion, then improve the armor/weapon and it will be better than if you improved it without the potion. Same goes for enchanting.

To boost your Alchemy level try mixing potions like Giant's Toe and Wheat, or make Invisibility Potions with Charus Eggs and Falmer Ears.
---
#17ScRui(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 7:18:26 AM
Cool thanks
---
#1812ehstevePosted 6/21/2013 7:19:14 AM
ScRui posted...
Cool thanks

No worries, I'm actually new to the game myself, so it's recent knowledge to me too ;)
---