Skyirm Vs. Oblivion in terms of difficulty?

#1OgreRecruiterPosted 6/19/2013 10:30:30 PM
So you put the game on the highest difficulty which one in your opinion is harder?
---
Blood Knights: You sir are the greatest damn troll alive, and you're not even meaning to troll.
#2IamI3rianPosted 6/19/2013 10:37:54 PM
Uh... Oblivion.

It's... not an opinion either, really. Mathematically, Oblivion becomes twice as hard with some slides on the difficulty bar. Kinda why the leveling system wasn't broke at all. If your character sucked, a few slides to the left and it was fine.

But yeah. 1/6th damage dealt is worse than 1/3. = )

Either way, neither is hard, just tedious.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Kinda like this game but there's something you should know... I just came to say hello
#3XydruPosted 6/19/2013 10:40:32 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Neither is hard, just tedious.

What I was gonna say.
---
lIvInToKIll
#4OCShoesPosted 6/19/2013 10:43:00 PM
Oblivion. (although admittedly it's more of a tedium thing.) Drastic changes in the skill, attribute, levelling, and durability systems just made skyrim overall easier.
---
4 / 10 - Poor - post is unremarkable and flawed
The Official Latios of Everything
#5NepharenPosted 6/19/2013 10:47:29 PM(edited)
I recall having a much more difficult time with oblivion on the hardest setting. Had to lean pretty heavily on the permanent essential followers like the Jemane brothers. Not sure if skyrim is an easier game or I just invested so much time in it that it seems easier.

Either way, I'm glad the senseless grinding went away with oblivion. Refusing to level up because I won't get max stat gain on a level up made the climb to higher levels more aggravating.
#6IamI3rianPosted 6/19/2013 11:01:14 PM
Nepharen posted...
Refusing to level up because I won't get max stat gain on a level up made the climb to higher levels more aggravating.

I'm just sayin...

Refusing to turn down the difficulty slider if it got to hard (or your Video Game OCD issue) is what was aggravating you.

Leveling system was fine, unless you 'needed' to have a perfect 5/5/5 or 5/5/1 build. Which you didn't. Even without touching the slider.

The level scaling removing all enemies you outleveled* was really the only problem. There were a few tough spots, sure... like when you fight that first minotaur. Having the entire world completely shift from four monsters (or so) to the next tier of four monsters was, in my opinion, a bad design choice.

Unless you put all your points in Personality, Luck and Agility (as a melee type) and only went 2/2/2 or worse there wasn't a problem. You had to try to have issues, and as I mentioned you could always fiddle with the slider a bit and it was a non issue.

No offense of course, but the leveling system wasn't flawed, the gamers who were too stubborn to turn down the slider because they didn't want to lose e-cred were. = /

*except mudcrabs and rats, if memory serves. = D
---
Kinda like this game but there's something you should know... I just came to say hello
#7IamI3rianPosted 6/19/2013 11:02:26 PM
P.S. I've got bad VGOCD too. Which is why I know where you're coming from. =' (
---
#8OCShoesPosted 6/19/2013 11:08:07 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Nepharen posted...
Refusing to level up because I won't get max stat gain on a level up made the climb to higher levels more aggravating.

I'm just sayin...

Refusing to turn down the difficulty slider if it got to hard (or your Video Game OCD issue) is what was aggravating you.

Leveling system was fine, unless you 'needed' to have a perfect 5/5/5 or 5/5/1 build. Which you didn't. Even without touching the slider.

The level scaling removing all enemies you outleveled* was really the only problem. There were a few tough spots, sure... like when you fight that first minotaur. Having the entire world completely shift from four monsters (or so) to the next tier of four monsters was, in my opinion, a bad design choice.

Unless you put all your points in Personality, Luck and Agility (as a melee type) and only went 2/2/2 or worse there wasn't a problem. You had to try to have issues, and as I mentioned you could always fiddle with the slider a bit and it was a non issue.

No offense of course, but the leveling system wasn't flawed, the gamers who were too stubborn to turn down the slider because they didn't want to lose e-cred were. = /

*except mudcrabs and rats, if memory serves. = D

Hmm. I completely agree with the aggravation of not getting perfect level ups and it has absolutely nothing to do with either difficulty or 'Video game OCD', it was simply because I wanted to be the best I could be (and no. contrary to popular belief, that has absolutely nothing to do with OCD. maaaaybe OCPD, if it was a real issue.) and having to manage skills did make it mildly more aggravating. (good god do I hate athletics as a skill. The rage, man. the rage.)
---
#9IamI3rianPosted 6/19/2013 11:12:24 PM
OCShoes posted...
(good god do I hate athletics as a skill. The rage, man. the rage.)

Irene Metrick jumped clear across a table once.

X D

Yeah, acrobatics... but still.

= /

=' (

Fine.

*flees*
---
#10OCShoesPosted 6/19/2013 11:15:56 PM
IamI3rian posted...
OCShoes posted...
(good god do I hate athletics as a skill. The rage, man. the rage.)

Irene Metrick jumped clear across a table once.

X D

Yeah, acrobatics... but still.

= /

=' (

Fine.

*flees*

Acrobatics was the first skill I got to 100 in Morrowind, you know. They called me springheel...
---