What's the best race for a Mage/Archer/Alchemist Character?

#1Dragonball9899Posted 6/21/2013 4:34:49 PM
This is a character I would like to do and I want to know the best race and stone for it. Any help would be appreciated. I asked the PS3 boards too and no response yet. Hopefully I can get an answer on both and compare them?
---
Anything can change!
#2theonyxphoenixPosted 6/21/2013 4:46:48 PM
Best Race: Whatever you like the look of aesthetically. None have powers that would make one vastly superior over another unless you are really focused. Altmer gives you superior magicka regeneration once per day. Orcs give you damage reduction and increased damage output once per day. Breton gives you a constant buff to magicka resistance.

As for what Standing Stone...if you are worried about XP then I would pick the standing stone for the skill you use the least. Lord Stone is good for early games since you get armor and magicka resistance. Apprentice Stone helps with magic users, but makes you more vulnerable.

The best advice I can give is to just play it as it comes, you really can't screw up a character because it is easy to become overpowered in just about any category. Pick a race you like and just go with it.
---
He doesn't row.
#3CharismachinePosted 6/21/2013 4:47:55 PM
Breton.

Having 25% resistance to all spells is insanely overpowered, and with the right build, you can achieve maximum resistance of spells and physical attacks even without cheating.
#4iDontCareBearPosted 6/21/2013 4:51:13 PM
Charismachine posted...
Breton.

Having 25% resistance to all spells is insanely overpowered, and with the right build, you can achieve maximum resistance of spells and physical attacks even without cheating.

You can still hit the cap for magic resistance without a breton and without "cheating".
#5SanktuPlusPosted 6/22/2013 7:56:06 AM
iDontCareBear posted...
Charismachine posted...
Breton.

You can still hit the cap for magic resistance without a breton and without "cheating".

Easier to do with a Breton though.
#6SoulOfFaythPosted 6/22/2013 12:24:49 PM
Wood elf or Breton would fit best for a character like that.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#7iDontCareBearPosted 6/22/2013 12:30:09 PM
Yeah it is easier to hit the magic resistance cap with a Breton but any race can do it. Just pick whatever race you like the best. I agree with picking Breton or Wood Elf for the type of character you want though. Wood Elves FTW!
#8Billy-De-KidPosted 6/22/2013 12:34:58 PM
The obvious answer is Zoidberg.

My serious answer is Dark Elf. They start with Destruction at 25, Archery at 20, and I think they have Alchemy at 20 as well.

My more laid back answer is the race you like most, because its not going to make much of a difference in the end.
---
"What have I become? Something less than human... but also something more..." -Alex Mercer
Check out the new XBLA game, State of Decay.
#9Brady672_AT_fanPosted 6/22/2013 12:38:50 PM
I personally like the idea of a Khajit for this, maybe because my first playthrough was a thief/assassin Khajit and then seeing J'Zargo.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#10silverhunter16Posted 6/22/2013 1:29:19 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...

My serious answer is Dark Elf. They start with Destruction at 25, Archery at 20, and I think they have Alchemy at 20 as well.

LIES, IT'S ALL LIES

They got Destruction +10, Illusion, Alteration, Alchemy, Sneak, and Light Armor +5.

You probably remembered it wrong.
---
The dead are more polite than the living. They listen to everything you say without interrupting.