Veterans of Skyrim...

#1Kidpool16Posted 6/21/2013 11:59:48 PM
On this playthrough I chose the Aetherium Shield as opposed to the Crown or Staff.
I was just walking around minding my own business in The Rift and I was approached by this guy named Taron Dreth who ended up assaulting me with 3 other mercenaries.
I later discovered he has this huge backstory involved with the Aetherium items.

I have logged over 1000+ hours in this game since the release and it still never ceases to surprise me.

Assuming there's people like me on this board that have played through the game a couple times.
What was the last thing you saw that you never noticed before or caught you off guard?
#2Vamp_irePosted 6/22/2013 12:23:19 AM
I just saw for the first time a mercenary sent by Maven killing Letrush... over 1000 hours and three characters, it was quite surprising for me..
#3FMLGPosted 6/22/2013 1:00:25 AM
*is killing a dragon*
*Courier has a letter*
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Grand Jester of the Fourth Empire
#4Kidpool16(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 1:22:23 AM
FMLG posted...
*is killing a dragon*
*Courier has a letter*

To this day I still don't understand how the courier finds you in that game.
You could be at the Sea of Ghosts and he would walk up and give you inheritance for the Dragon you let destroy the innocent locales of Riverwood.
#5MrGazzoPosted 6/22/2013 1:56:51 AM
the couriers of skyrim is the work of The Courier from FNV, who technically achieved CHIM
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore
#6DrNewcensteinPosted 6/22/2013 5:56:42 AM
Thugs sent by dead people.

Saw bandits run up to gawk at the dragon whose soul I just absorbed. Then proceeded to pick a fight with me. Artificial Intelligence needs work.

Was mugged as a werewolf, and even had dialog options to respond with. Can't open a door, but I can tell a Thief to "take it from me, if you can". He died poorly. Very poorly.

Was mugged while fighting a dragon. Thief was burned to death by dragon.

Courier brought me a letter from a friend while fighting Forsworn at Kolskeggr Mine.

Saw an Elk spawn near Heljarchen when I fast-traveled there. 20 feet in the air. Died on impact.

Saw a troll walking down the road from Karthwasten towards Kolskeggr. Passed a 3-man Imperial patrol, then me, and cried out for help when he got to Lydia some ways behind me, as she proceeded to kill it.

Saw a Skeever and Frostbite Spider walking down the road near Riften. Looked like one of those old Disney "Incredible Journey" episodes.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#7Hanzou74Posted 6/22/2013 7:15:44 AM
Let me tell you about the only time i've ever found Balbus's Fork.

I'm going around collecting dead thralls (had to decorate my basement with *something*), and went to Anise's Cabin to give her a better purpose in the game as my pet/friend/luggage. She wasn't there for some reason, so i poked around the area to see if she had maybe chased a dragon and was walking back.

That's when i saw a fight going on near the mountain NE of the cabin, specifically a fire spell hitting something. I head over to find a few bandits milling about, so i stabbed them. I figured Anise might be dead, so i Detect Dead and find there are about 8 corpses in my general area.

there was a dead lady, marked simply Bosmer, lying on the ground. Laying directly on top of her is a dead Treasure Hunter khajiit, complete with a treasure hunter's note. About 10 feet away is Balbus, dead, looking like he just got caught peeping on those 2 handling their private business. I like to imagine he was caught when the bandits interrupted, right before the slaughter went down.

Still never found Anise, but i discovered that Balbus is also a permanent thrall. Didn't see him on any lists or guides, so keep that in mind if you have Dead Thrall and randomly find this jerk. He has a unique item.
#8Mick65Posted 6/22/2013 7:28:21 AM
I was about 2k hours in when I ran into a spectral Nord in full ancient armor running around the swamps of Morthal.
---
JAFO
#9MC2011Posted 6/22/2013 7:49:27 AM(edited)
Giant mourning the lost of his mammoth in the Eastmarch region.

Fought a dragon when he appeared to help. Afterwards, right after the battle, I realized I was too close to him, but he never attacked me. Instead he walked away and I followed him. Eventually he lead me to his dead mammoth. Stood right next to him within the "send you to Masser" distance, and he just continued to stare at his mammoth. So I stood with him there for a bit, staring at his dead mammoth, then walked up and dropped a dragon's tongue next to the mammoth before leaving.

Then I turned around and stealth shot the giant and stole his toe.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dsECIh5.jpg
Dancing with myself, oh oh.
#10SanktuPlusPosted 6/22/2013 10:20:39 AM
MC2011 posted...
Giant mourning the lost of his mammoth in the Eastmarch region.

Fought a dragon when he appeared to help. Afterwards, right after the battle, I realized I was too close to him, but he never attacked me. Instead he walked away and I followed him. Eventually he lead me to his dead mammoth. Stood right next to him within the "send you to Masser" distance, and he just continued to stare at his mammoth. So I stood with him there for a bit, staring at his dead mammoth, then walked up and dropped a dragon's tongue next to the mammoth before leaving.

Then I turned around and stealth shot the giant and stole his toe.

Most epic epic plot twist. EVER.