Question about Thane and Civil war

#1drmaniac911Posted 6/25/2013 12:02:04 PM
I want to start the civil war (imperial side) early and was wondering if I replace the current jarls can I still become thane in those cities? Also are there any quests I should do before starting the civil war to avoid problems later on
---
derp
#2IamI3rianPosted 6/25/2013 12:06:12 PM
Yes.

The main quest... but you can do it after as well. Just avoid doing both at the same time.

BoTI MUST be completed first, to avoid needless heartache. = D

Might be more, I've been gone a while, but that's off the top of my head.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I <3 Rifles
#3drmaniac911(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 12:13:49 PM
What is BoTI? So I just need to leave the main quest alone until I finish the civil war and resume afterwards without any problems
---
derp
#4FMLGPosted 6/25/2013 12:15:00 PM
Blood on the ice, the quest needed for Hjerim and/ or thaneship in Windhelm.

P.S Vote Zapdos.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Grand Jester of the Fourth Empire
#5IamI3rianPosted 6/25/2013 12:25:44 PM
FMLG covered it.

Also yeah. You'll miss a (kinda) cool mission, but you can just youtube it. Not like you get to actually play through it. = )

It's just a meeting anyway, though as I said it's kinda cool. If you've finished the war, you don't have to do that quest. You don't miss any items or abilities or anything though, just a sort of 'cutscene' kinda deal.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I <3 Rifles
#6VeezaraPosted 6/25/2013 12:49:33 PM
IamI3rian posted...
FMLG covered it.

Also yeah. You'll miss a (kinda) cool mission, but you can just youtube it. Not like you get to actually play through it. = )

It's just a meeting anyway, though as I said it's kinda cool. If you've finished the war, you don't have to do that quest. You don't miss any items or abilities or anything though, just a sort of 'cutscene' kinda deal.

There is a reward if it is the same quest I'm thinking of, a sword levelled up to Daedric with a powerful ice enchantment.
#7turn_basedPosted 6/25/2013 12:51:43 PM
That meeting is essential if your teetering on the fence of who to support.

Ulfric and Galmar's inner, spoiled teenager comes out in full display.

AND Ulfric's 'love/hate tension-ridden, secretly in love, openly despised' relationship with Elenwen is finally seen.

Dude needs to just take her and move to Solstheim, she's diggin the cold anyway.
---
The ones in the gold masks are party crashers, but all are welcome to the Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball