Question about Thane and Civil war

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Question about Thane and Civil war
3 years ago#1
I want to start the civil war (imperial side) early and was wondering if I replace the current jarls can I still become thane in those cities? Also are there any quests I should do before starting the civil war to avoid problems later on
derp
3 years ago#2
Yes.

The main quest... but you can do it after as well. Just avoid doing both at the same time.

BoTI MUST be completed first, to avoid needless heartache. = D

Might be more, I've been gone a while, but that's off the top of my head.
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I <3 Rifles
3 years ago#3
What is BoTI? So I just need to leave the main quest alone until I finish the civil war and resume afterwards without any problems
derp
3 years ago#4
Blood on the ice, the quest needed for Hjerim and/ or thaneship in Windhelm.

P.S Vote Zapdos.
Remember FMLG told ya!
Grand Jester of the Fourth Empire
3 years ago#5
FMLG covered it.

Also yeah. You'll miss a (kinda) cool mission, but you can just youtube it. Not like you get to actually play through it. = )

It's just a meeting anyway, though as I said it's kinda cool. If you've finished the war, you don't have to do that quest. You don't miss any items or abilities or anything though, just a sort of 'cutscene' kinda deal.
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I <3 Rifles
3 years ago#6
IamI3rian posted...
FMLG covered it.

Also yeah. You'll miss a (kinda) cool mission, but you can just youtube it. Not like you get to actually play through it. = )

It's just a meeting anyway, though as I said it's kinda cool. If you've finished the war, you don't have to do that quest. You don't miss any items or abilities or anything though, just a sort of 'cutscene' kinda deal.

There is a reward if it is the same quest I'm thinking of, a sword levelled up to Daedric with a powerful ice enchantment.
3 years ago#7
That meeting is essential if your teetering on the fence of who to support.

Ulfric and Galmar's inner, spoiled teenager comes out in full display.

AND Ulfric's 'love/hate tension-ridden, secretly in love, openly despised' relationship with Elenwen is finally seen.

Dude needs to just take her and move to Solstheim, she's diggin the cold anyway.
The ones in the gold masks are party crashers, but all are welcome to the Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Question about Thane and Civil war

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived