Need some pacifist tips (some spoilers?)

#1LordTrinenPosted 6/25/2013 9:09:22 PM
I was reading about a quest from Oblivion. Molag Bal orders you to provoke a pacifist into attacking and killing you with the Mace of Molag Bal.

I might try something similar with Skyrim. A pacifist character will come to Skyrim for some reason and at first will refuse to strike and kill a human being. During the intro I'll try just letting Ralof/Hadvar do most of the fighting and just block.

Fortunately this character will only draw the line at humans and is willing to kill wild animals in self defense if possible so they can kill the bear at the end of Helgen. They will continue being a pacifist for some time until something makes them snap and start killing. I think I'll include vampires on the "safe to kill" list since they technically aren't human anymore.

The specifics I'll work out later but for right now I'm working out how they will be a pacifist. Illusion spells come to mind first. I can use Calm and Fear spells to avoid combat as much as possible. Any other suggestions? How far do you think I can go without killing a person? I'll even take ideas as to what would make a person snap and start killing. Perhaps a quest? Contracting vampirism? What?
#2theonyxphoenixPosted 6/25/2013 9:17:12 PM
Use paralyze on a weak bow with training arrows.
---
He doesn't row.
#3N1ghtm4reW0lfPosted 6/25/2013 9:33:26 PM
LordTrinen posted...
I'll even take ideas as to what would make a person snap and start killing. Perhaps a quest? Contracting vampirism? What?

How about by command from Molag Bal? No weapons besides tranq darts(Paralyze poisoned training arrows) and illusion spells(No frenzy) until you get the Mace. Maybe afterwards he becomes a devout follower of Molag Bal, joins the Volkihar, and vows to send as many souls as he can to Molag Bal by using his Mace.
---
Times modded: 26(14 for saying R******d)
Times Modded for a "Times Modded" signature: 6
#4eolsunderPosted 6/25/2013 11:58:38 PM
Well you'd have to go stealth of course to bypass what you can. And yes, illusion to do other things that you can't sneak by. I guess since you might let OTHERS kill for you, what ever sort of pacifistism that is, summoning would be nice also. So summons, followers, illusions, stealth.

what about undead, do you consider "killing" them ok? after all, they aren't alive, about the same as killing a rock or a table.
---
I am outraged! I am outraged beyond words! Yet...I have something I want to say..
#5LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 7:08:33 AM
eolsunder posted...
Well you'd have to go stealth of course to bypass what you can. And yes, illusion to do other things that you can't sneak by. I guess since you might let OTHERS kill for you, what ever sort of pacifistism that is, summoning would be nice also. So summons, followers, illusions, stealth.

what about undead, do you consider "killing" them ok? after all, they aren't alive, about the same as killing a rock or a table.

Yeah, I'll kill draugr too. Besides, you can't progress through the main quest without killing the one in Bleak Falls Barrow, at least I don't think.

I'll pretend Helgen was the start of their fall from pacifism. Normally they would try to do everything in their power to keep anyone from dying in a given situation. Helgen puts them into an extreme situation where that simply isn't possible. They don't want to die but at the same time they can't bring themselves to strike a blow. They are forced to turn a blind eye as Ralof/Hadvar finishes everyone else off. It is a slippery slope from there. That will be the only time they let someone else do the killing for them until they snap.
#6MagnemightPosted 6/26/2013 7:33:44 AM
LordTrinen posted...
eolsunder posted...

Yeah, I'll kill draugr too. Besides, you can't progress through the main quest without killing the one in Bleak Falls Barrow, at least I don't think.

Isn't the Dragonstone in the chest? I don't think you need to kill anyone to proceed through the main quest.

Personally, I'm going to make my pacifist character a coward. Not only are they a pacifist that doesn't want to kill sentients, but they're too scared to fight Draugr and animals directly, so one can only use pre-existing traps and followers to kill those.

S'not a pacifist run if you smash stuff.
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#7LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 7:42:31 AM
Magnemight posted...
LordTrinen posted...
eolsunder posted...

Isn't the Dragonstone in the chest? I don't think you need to kill anyone to proceed through the main quest.

Personally, I'm going to make my pacifist character a coward. Not only are they a pacifist that doesn't want to kill sentients, but they're too scared to fight Draugr and animals directly, so one can only use pre-existing traps and followers to kill those.

S'not a pacifist run if you smash stuff.

The Dragonstone is on the final draugr's body, not in the chest.

In hindsight maybe "pacifist" isn't the right word. It could be a character who is willing to fight but can't bring themselves to kill.

I'm reminded of a anime/manga series called Rurouni Kenshin. The main character was an assassin who has vowed never again to take a life. Maybe I can roleplay something like that. They killed someone(s) in the past and have vowed never to take another human life. That is until something forces them to break that vow.
#8LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 1:51:57 PM
Bump for more opinions.