Question about Hearthfire

#1XV-DragonPosted 6/26/2013 10:55:22 AM
Is there an easy way to protect the home from attacks? Such as upgrades or something along those lines, or is it you just need to make regular check in on the home and clear the giants/raiders/vermin yourself?
#2cobracorpPosted 6/26/2013 11:01:55 AM
When you become Thane of any which hold you buy property in you will get a housecarl who will patrol your land.

You can assign a steward to your house....this can be your housecarl or most followers such as faendal etc.

If your still worried, marry someone with combat skills such as janessa, mjoll.
---
Umm... Hardware aisle twelve, shop smart, shop S-Mart!
#3XV-Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 11:07:17 AM
cobracorp posted...
When you become Thane of any which hold you buy property in you will get a housecarl who will patrol your land.

You can assign a steward to your house....this can be your housecarl or most followers such as faendal etc.

Got a warrior housecarl from whiterun and a mage wife from the magic school so guess the house and kids should be safe, once I can get a plot of land and the money to build the place that is.
#4cobracorpPosted 6/26/2013 11:09:25 AM
XV-Dragon posted...
cobracorp posted...

Got a warrior housecarl from whiterun and a mage wife from the magic school so guess the house and kids should be safe, once I can get a plot of land and the money to build the place that is.

If you have dawnguard, take one of the war dogs from the fort to your house and your kids should ask to adopt it.
---
#5XV-Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 1:04:09 PM
cobracorp posted...
XV-Dragon posted...
cobracorp posted...

If you have dawnguard, take one of the war dogs from the fort to your house and your kids should ask to adopt it.

How do you get the dog to follow? Just talk to it and an option should appear or do I need something else?
#6cobracorpPosted 6/26/2013 1:43:15 PM
Yeah just talk to the dog.
---
#7theonyxphoenixPosted 6/26/2013 1:49:55 PM
If a follower, you can give your housecarl or spouse smithed/enchanted weapons and armor to help defend your homestead. If you cannot normally trade with them you can reverse pickpocket the equipment on to them.

This also helps to arm the townsfolk against vampire attacks.
---
He doesn't row.
#8cobracorpPosted 6/26/2013 2:22:07 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
If a follower, you can give your housecarl or spouse smithed/enchanted weapons and armor to help defend your homestead. If you cannot normally trade with them you can reverse pickpocket the equipment on to them.

This also helps to arm the townsfolk against vampire attacks.

Yeah do the reverse pickpocket to arm the bard with something better than a iron dagger.
---
#9uberDavePosted 6/26/2013 5:01:56 PM
Let me put it this way. I had a battlemage housecarl, and faendal as a steward. Bandits attacked and were promptly rushed by magic, arrows and my horse.
#10LooksForSkoomaPosted 6/26/2013 5:04:50 PM
This could be the cause of the 'missing spouse' glitch where you are supposed to rescue them. If the NPCs kill em' instead of you this could be the cause of the glitch.
---
I have no idea, why would you assume that I would know? I don't know what I am saying. - rx54
- People need to look at their inbox.