Question about Hearthfire

#11XV-Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 9:10:26 PM
cobracorp posted...
theonyxphoenix posted...
If a follower, you can give your housecarl or spouse smithed/enchanted weapons and armor to help defend your homestead. If you cannot normally trade with them you can reverse pickpocket the equipment on to them.

This also helps to arm the townsfolk against vampire attacks.

Yeah do the reverse pickpocket to arm the bard with something better than a iron dagger.

Managed to grab a full suite of Ebony Armor for my housecarl from random attacker on the road (much to my shock since he has been the only one with more then 1 or 2 pieces of Ebony gear) and later looted a full suit of elf armor for my wife (from Thalmore patrol that attacked me because kill 4 or 5 other patrols when I ambushed since the start of the game)

My wife is mage but enchanted the gear with some enchantments that should support her casting (plus it let me further build up my skill at the same time)
#12theonyxphoenixPosted 6/26/2013 9:23:29 PM
XV-Dragon posted...
cobracorp posted...
theonyxphoenix posted...
If a follower, you can give your housecarl or spouse smithed/enchanted weapons and armor to help defend your homestead. If you cannot normally trade with them you can reverse pickpocket the equipment on to them.

This also helps to arm the townsfolk against vampire attacks.

Yeah do the reverse pickpocket to arm the bard with something better than a iron dagger.

Managed to grab a full suite of Ebony Armor for my housecarl from random attacker on the road (much to my shock since he has been the only one with more then 1 or 2 pieces of Ebony gear) and later looted a full suit of elf armor for my wife (from Thalmore patrol that attacked me because kill 4 or 5 other patrols when I ambushed since the start of the game)

My wife is mage but enchanted the gear with some enchantments that should support her casting (plus it let me further build up my skill at the same time)

Cost reduction gear doesn't work on followers. The enchantments that do are:

Fortify Heavy Armor
Fortify Light Armor
Fortify Magicka
Fortify Stamina
Fortify Unarmed
Muffle
Resist Fire
Resist Frost
Resist Magic
Resist Shock
Resist Poison

So fortify their armor type and magicka resistance.
---
He doesn't row.