Does the dark brotherhood get any better?

#1uberDavePosted 6/26/2013 4:04:23 PM
I just finished the solitude mission (had to physically restrain myself form humming rains of castamere during the whole thing) but so far I have been unimpressed with the DB missions.

Thieves guild has a ton of fun heist missions, a cool clubhouse, secret passages, and some cool unique stuff (especially in dragonborn where one relatively easy quest can net you 5000 gold and one of the best armors in the game) and some really fun radiant quests.

So far the DB only has contracts to kill random dudes and the current batch I'm on appear to be mostly merchants which sucks. And so far the big event I'm leading up to seems to be coming very quickly. But I find the dark brotherhood sanctuary rather dull compared to oblivion where you could buy a bunch of stuff and get unique items all over the place.

So far there is cool armor...and that's about it.

I'm not looking for spoilers, but I've heard that it was supposed to be one of the better guilds and I'm not really seeing it.
#2Aleksander11774Posted 6/26/2013 4:08:08 PM
Meh, there's a cool plot twist and a new sanctuary.
---
Official GOAT of the Skyrim Board
#3eolsunderPosted 6/26/2013 4:20:02 PM
Dark brotherhood is ok. You get a new sanctuary area at the end which you can upgrade, you get an awesome horse, decent armors, and i think dark brotherhood followers actually level up higher than others so if your a high level they will be also. SO if your 70, your dark brotherhood followers i think are also, unlike some followers who don't level up with you, or stop at a certain cap (like 40-50).

I liked the dark brotherhood quest myself compared to the thieves guild. Have to kill foes, some in difficult areas with lots of witness's, causing you to have to use your brain to figure out just how to survive the backlash. Thieves guild.. go here, grab an item.. return.. borrrrring.
---
I am outraged! I am outraged beyond words! Yet...I have something I want to say..
#4mrlaurence4Posted 6/26/2013 4:21:03 PM
Skyrim's questlines are its weakest point. Don't expect too much.
#5VeezaraPosted 6/26/2013 4:41:51 PM
I'd say upgrading the new Santuary is a waste of money. The questline is pretty much over by that time.
#6DougymcPosted 6/26/2013 4:44:22 PM
eolsunder posted...
I liked the dark brotherhood quest myself compared to the thieves guild. Have to kill foes, some in difficult areas with lots of witness's, causing you to have to use your brain to figure out just how to survive the backlash.

I mostly agree, but you can kill most of them in plain view without getting a bounty by talking to them first. All you have to do is pick the right option so they attack you.

I like the lack of structure to the quests, though. You can be creative with your kills. The gear isn't the best, nor are the other rewards, but I never worry about that.
#7DarkSeraphMPosted 6/26/2013 5:36:49 PM
Veezara posted...
I'd say upgrading the new Santuary is a waste of money. The questline is pretty much over by that time.

There's no such thing as a waste of money in Skyrim. 20000 gold is a drop in the bucket.
---
As tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.
I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the earth.
#8jude1974Posted 6/26/2013 8:26:37 PM
This one was nothing to me compared to Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood quests.

One of those "fav moments in gaming" for me was hands down walking into my home everytime and having that guy's mother's head sitting dead- (har har) -center on my dinner table.
#9uberDave(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 6:03:01 PM
Finished it today. Still not as good as oblivion's or skyrim's theives guild but it picks up near the end.

I like using custom soundtracks so when I completed the cooking mission and was forced to head home manually, I was racing shadowmere from solitude to falkreath to the Dark knight soundtrack.

I kid you not, the moment I entered the sanctuary, the soutrack started playing Watch the world burn. And it crecendo'd right when I found Vezarra (my char was argonian). That was immensely satisfying.