Retaking Thirsk best choice(spoiler)

#1VeezaraPosted 7/1/2013 7:03:17 PM
Best way to complete the quest - Results (56 votes)
Kill Bujold, lie to Kuvar
0% (0 votes)
Let Bujold become leader, lie to Kuvar
23.21% (13 votes)
Let Bujold live, Tell Kuvar she did not recieve Hrothmund's blessing
10.71% (6 votes)
Kill Bujold, tell Kuvar the truth
14.29% (8 votes)
I sided with the Rieklings
51.79% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally just chose to let her live and then say it was an honour to stand by her side. Killing her would just give them one less warrior. I know that her husband exiles her if you tell him that she is not worthy of leading but then he dislikes you. So I just decided to let her live and stay on her husbands good side. Seems like the warriors of Thirst are trying to get things in order so they won't loose it again, that blacksmith wants some high quality material and I kind of like Bujold's sister's idea to make a reminder.
Also put in a 5th option for anyone who chose to do the other quest instead.
#2LordTrinenPosted 7/1/2013 7:24:43 PM
I made a poll just like this some time ago. Only got about 30 votes. Most went with siding with the Rieklings. Aside from that the most votes went with agreeing to lie and then upholding the lie.

Personally I'm not sure which option I like best. I only sided with the Rieklings once on my first visit to Solstheim when the DLC first came out. At the time I didn't know the original owners were camped not far away and you can help them retake the hall. When I help the Nords nowadays I go with whatever option best fits the character I'm roleplaying.
#3WstonefiPosted 7/1/2013 7:33:46 PM
I only played that DLC once and didn't even know it was possible to side with the Rieklings. The more you know, huh?
#4mrlaurence4Posted 7/1/2013 7:34:53 PM
The fact that she would try to kill me for honoring Hrothmund's judgment instead of just throwing a hissy fit is enough justification to send her into exile
#5Veezara(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 8:47:41 PM(edited)
Wstonefi posted...
I only played that DLC once and didn't even know it was possible to side with the Rieklings. The more you know, huh?

I usually play as a Nord, my first time I got the quest from the rieklings not knowing about the Nords, did a few small jobs for them(just collect things) then they told me they were going to massacre some Nords. I quickly cancelled the conversation, found the Nords they were planning to massacre and helped them take back the hall.
#6silverhunter16Posted 7/2/2013 1:49:01 AM
I only help the Nords so I can have an extra merchant to sell to on Solstheim.

That said, I don't like either side much as they both suck.
---
The dead are more polite than the living. They listen to everything you say without interrupting.
#7Mr_PopelPosted 7/2/2013 9:52:03 AM
I helped the Rieklings, that Riekling chief just touched my heart ... the nords just didn't have enough personality to compete with Riekling chief.

... not to mention my general dislike for nords :-/
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#8SoulOfFaythPosted 7/2/2013 10:05:28 AM
Up till now I either killed her or told Kuvar the truth but I hated that afterwards you will always get negative remarks even though you just helped them retake their home and get rid of a bad leader. Maybe I'll just uphold the lie this time or give it to the Rieklings as both Bujold and Kuvar are ungrateful *****es.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#9LazyKennyPosted 7/2/2013 2:47:52 PM
You. Fol. Low. Me.
#10The_Ivory_ManPosted 7/2/2013 6:21:48 PM
The Rieklings are the best ones to pick.

The Nords are all like "WE ARE HONORABLE WARRIORS WHO ARE BRAVE AND STRONG"

...But they got their asses kicked by Rieklings... So Rieklings deserve their hall.
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature