Using the destroyed ruins of Helgen as your base of operations?

#11TheUltimateMaryPosted 7/2/2013 5:25:11 PM
FMLG posted...
agentspoon posted...
I do use Helgen as my Homebase.

But I have it rebuilt and inhabited by NPC's and my Followers.

Assuming you're referring to the mod I think you are, how is it? I saw it and was intrigued but I never got around to installing it.

What mod is this? I've been playing on Xbox since release but recently got the PC version and want to try some mods...
---
"Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or pa that was the dragon?"
"Why? Because I'm the Rock and Roll Queen of Saudi Arabia, that's why!"
#12supersekhPosted 7/2/2013 5:29:20 PM
TheUltimateMary posted...
FMLG posted...
agentspoon posted...
I do use Helgen as my Homebase.

But I have it rebuilt and inhabited by NPC's and my Followers.

Assuming you're referring to the mod I think you are, how is it? I saw it and was intrigued but I never got around to installing it.

What mod is this? I've been playing on Xbox since release but recently got the PC version and want to try some mods...

This mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35841
#13TheUltimateMaryPosted 7/2/2013 5:35:06 PM
supersekh posted...
TheUltimateMary posted...

Awesome, thank you! (:
---
"Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or pa that was the dragon?"
"Why? Because I'm the Rock and Roll Queen of Saudi Arabia, that's why!"
#14Evil_SandwichPosted 7/2/2013 5:41:52 PM
Eh, not trolling TC but I has a question.

Why are all your posts always so long?

I'm really, really lazy tbqh and never bother reading them...
#15masterpug53Posted 7/2/2013 5:55:52 PM
As for your corpse issue, pre-patch all the bodies were permanent as long as they were kept in-cell; move them to any other cell, and they'd despawn normally. Post-1.3, they despawn after a single day like normal NPCs (though you can make them permanent by putting certain items in their inventories).

I'd try Helgen if I had infinite time; currently I'm doing my last big playthrough and am making a sprawling necromancer's lair out of Ragnvald. It's gonna be great - undead minions in the burial alcoves, a headless body pile at the Word Wall, and about 80 hang-around NPCs to keep me company.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#16obishawnPosted 7/2/2013 6:01:52 PM
Until I can get Lakeview, I used Treasure Chest #1 for storage. The map for it is super easy to get at the very beginning of the game (near the Standing Stones), the chest is directly across the river from Riverwood and it never respawns.
---
Winter is coming
#17Robrain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 2:43:04 AM
Obishawn, that's a great secret storage idea for anyone that's using Helgen as their base, since it's just outside of Riverwood. However, are you positive that it's safe storage?

Also, a heads-up: if you steal from Anise's Cabin early on, and are moving things in and out of Helgen Keep, there's a good chance that the Hired Thugs will spawn right on top of you when you exit the Keep. Surprised me, had to take off running and jump onto one of the walls where I used the high ground to pincushion them with (lots of) arrows.

Also, I was incorrect about there being a Cooking Spit at the 3-bandit camp. However, there is one in Embershard Mine I believe.
#18DougymcPosted 7/3/2013 3:13:51 AM
supersekh posted...

Huh, I've had that mod for weeks and haven't once started it... I should get on that.
#19obishawnPosted 7/3/2013 10:40:13 AM
Robrain posted...
Obishawn, that's a great secret storage idea for anyone that's using Helgen as their base, since it's just outside of Riverwood. However, are you positive that it's safe storage?

Yup, positive. I've tested it myself.
---
Winter is coming
#20Robrain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 12:28:51 PM
So for the record, on that road that leads out of Helgen in the direction of Riverwood, you go down a snowy slope and then reach a fork, left or right. If you're using Helgen as your base of operations, that fork is a spawn point for random events/encounters, so just be warned. You'll be swimming in bandits, vampires, mages, and all manner of other creatures practically every time you leave your "house".

I've made it a point to kill everything I've come across that spawned there, and I've already amassed quite a lot of gear by doing so (mostly generic stuff that's purely extra / sellable loot).

While I was taking the right fork down the road/slope that leads into the back of Riverwood, I came across Sven oddly enough, way up the mountainside, at like 4:30 A.M. Looked like he'd just come from the direction of that bandit camp that's located way up on the mountain behind Riverwood.

Since my Warlord character was making it a point to kill anyone that came up the mountain towards Helgen...well, let's just say Faendal doesn't have any more competition for Camilla's affections. Wondering if I should hide the body or leave it in the middle of Riverwood as a warning...