Skyrim kind of ruined TES (details and spoilers inside)

#1MixorzPosted 7/2/2013 8:33:06 PM(edited)
Okay, so normally in TES each installment takes place a couple hundred years after the other. I've played since Morrowind so I can't speak for the previous two. But in either case it was plausible to make the main characters of Morrowind and Oblivion kind of forgotten.

In Oblivion it was reasonable that no one knew much about the Nereverine because it was mostly with the ashlanders of Morrowind and the red mountain exploded and Argonians invaded so a lot of history could've been lost.

In Skyrim, not knowing the hero of Kvatch was also plausible because Martin Septim basically stole the spotlight, so the HoK would've got lost over the years as the stories would focus on Martin.

In the next installment you're going to have to be able to import your character, because there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY no one would not know about the Dragonborn. At least what race and sex they were. The civil war and Tholmor cannot distract people from dragons attacking (hasn't happened in thousands of years but wars happen all the time) to one person using dragon shouts to defeat them. The DB was also summoned by the graybeards (again hasnt happened since Tiber Septim) so unless they're destroyed there is going record of the DB. The DB also had to visit the College of Winterhold (even if you didn't join you had to go there for the MQ).

So basically there is no way the next installment can make the DB ambiguous. The DB was too big of a character to forget.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#2Oni_TatsujinPosted 7/2/2013 8:37:15 PM
The events of Morrowind and Oblivion happened within a few years of each other (The Nerevarine arrives on 3E 427, Oblivion Crisis begins on 3E 433), and NPCs in Oblivion can talk about how the Nerevarine left Vvardenfell and sailed to Akavir.

It's perfectly possible for future games to refer to the Dragonborn with gender-neutral terms, with race not being needed to be mentioned at all. Just "The Dragonborn" would do fine.

Also, lore-wise the four guild quest chains in Oblivion were completed by other people, not the Champion of Cyrodiil, so it's likely they'll say the same for Skyrim's factions.
---
The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#3OgreRecruiterPosted 7/2/2013 8:37:42 PM
Well if you go by *theories* then HoK (Hero Of Kavatch) is indeed in Skyrim as Sheogorath. That is if you follow the Shivering Isle's MQ. But again only if you follow theories.
---
Blood Knights: You sir are the greatest damn troll alive, and you're not even meaning to troll.
#4TwoBladesOneBowPosted 7/2/2013 8:48:07 PM
I knew there was one troll on these boards I forgot to put on my ignore list. Thank you for reminding me it was you.
---
"We all start with innocence, but the world leads us to guilt."
#5protobakurionPosted 7/2/2013 8:49:50 PM
TwoBladesOneBow posted...
I knew there was one troll on these boards I forgot to put on my ignore list. Thank you for reminding me it was you.

---
Official Assassin of the Elder Scrolls Roleplay!
Official Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
#6Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 7/2/2013 8:53:21 PM
Mix- Mix- Mix- M-M-M-M Mix- Mix- M-M Mixorz topic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/AJS7VHe.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Fy3BQYr.jpg
#7turn_basedPosted 7/2/2013 10:47:11 PM
I've never called anyone a troll, ever.

I'm just not that original.

Now everyone just shut up and let 'ol Mixorz mix it up.

(I for one miss any of the '012 crew!)
---
The ones in the gold masks are party crashers, but all are welcome to the Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball
#8TheCalabasasCouPosted 7/2/2013 11:21:37 PM
Lol
---
Turn off the lights light a candle, and have a seance Pull the lid off the Dean Martin scandal Witches warlocks spooks and holy ghosts RZA lets defraud the hoax
#9LooksForSkoomaPosted 7/2/2013 11:31:43 PM
Oni_Tatsujin posted...
Also, lore-wise the four guild quest chains in Oblivion were completed by other people, not the Champion of Cyrodiil, so it's likely they'll say the same for Skyrim's factions.

I still don't buy this approach. I've been asking for a citation on this for a long time and have never seen a developer or writer say this. I just replayed Oblivion and in the Mages' and Fighters' guild questlines people refer to you in the past and present. Later in the fighters' guild questline the Dark Elf guy you get quests from references that he knows you've been in the Imperial sewers before. The lady from the mages' guild (In Leyawin or Bravil) who gives you a recommendation has a premonition of you. In rhyme and riddle she refers to how you were with the Emperor when he died and how you will help save Cyrodiil. There was no references made to the character in the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood though.
---
It amazes me that people can figure out how to make a GameFAQs account and post topics but not utilize google. *no faith in humanity*
#10jman427Posted 7/3/2013 4:36:54 AM
the very first thing he says is incorrect and his point is completely pointless and unfounded, gj
---
no?