So you're against the Blades too then?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
---
11,000 RPMs
#94Lord_Shadow_19Posted 7/9/2013 7:24:54 AM
Krixx87 posted...
LooksForSkooma posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
You missed or completely ignored my point just so you can comment on a single sentence, k.

Yea he did the same thing to all of my posts. ._.

You guys' posts boil down to "He was bad once, now he isn't, so he's cool". Pretty much. I disagree with this assertion.

Actually my argument is that the dragonborn has no reason to kill Paarthurnax since he does nothing but help you.

That would be like having a guy at work help me get settled in, recommend me for a promotion, I become successful, and then I stab him in the back because I don't need him anymore.

You wouldn't be telling me I did the right thing.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#95LooksForSkoomaPosted 7/9/2013 7:46:05 AM
.. ya but here comes the, "What if that co-worker murdered thousands and thousands of humans thousands of thousands of years ago (and they will completely ignore the fact that said co-worker taught the other co-workers how to overthrow the boss that does not pay overtime(Alduin) and then proceed to train the Assistant Managers(Dragonborns).

Analogies don't work with these guys... but this should distract them.... *throws ball into busy street*
---
11,000 RPMs
#96Krixx87Posted 7/9/2013 1:44:39 PM
I'm a little unclear why you guys are claiming that the Blades didn't help you at all.

They led you to Alduin's Wall, for crying out loud. I'm not saying the Greybeards didn't also help, of course, but you're trying to make it sound like the Blades did nothing when in fact they were just as instrumental as the Greybeards.

If you're complaining that the Blades didn't "help" you enough when you went into the Thalmor Embassy and stuff.... well... welcome to video games. And even then, it's not like the Greybeards helped you when you had to go get the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller.
#97Krixx87Posted 7/9/2013 1:47:08 PM
SoulOfFayth posted...
IamI3rian posted...
Genocide is unforgivable.

So you're against the Blades too then?

Kind of an unfair comparison considering dragons were the aggressors and the Blades aren't out killing "innocent" dragons.
#98LooksForSkoomaPosted 7/9/2013 1:56:01 PM
Krixx87 posted...
If you're complaining that the Blades didn't "help" you enough when you went into the Thalmor Embassy and stuff.... well... welcome to video games. And even then, it's not like the Greybeards helped you when you had to go get the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller.

The Greybeards didn't help you get the horn because it was YOUR test. But I bet that flew over your head too eh?
---
11,000 RPMs
#99Lord_Shadow_19Posted 7/9/2013 4:17:50 PM
Krixx87 posted...
I'm a little unclear why you guys are claiming that the Blades didn't help you at all.

They led you to Alduin's Wall, for crying out loud. I'm not saying the Greybeards didn't also help, of course, but you're trying to make it sound like the Blades did nothing when in fact they were just as instrumental as the Greybeards.

Delphine had ME go to the embassy and find out what they knew, then she had ME go to Riften and get Esbern. Oh, and she has YOU go out and recruit for her hypocritical cult, and god forbid you don't go out and kill Paarthy who helped you tons and asked for practically nothing in return, she basically kicks you out of the temple that they were only able to enter thanks to YOUR blood. Far as I'm concerned, she can go **** herself.

Esbern on the other hand was pretty helpful, he was the one who found Sky Haven Temple, HE was the one who read about the shout to call Odahviin. Granted, he seems like he's just following Delphine's lead on the whole Paarthy thing, but I am a bit more sympathetic to him, Delphine is definitely the one wearing the pants in that relationship after all.

As for Paarthy and the Greybeards, well they taught you several shouts, helped you find a way to learn dragonrend, helped put a temporary stop to the civil war.

Again, putting history aside, the dragonborn has no reason to go after Paarthy, except to satisfy Delphine's bloodlust.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#100XV-DragonPosted 7/9/2013 4:43:10 PM
Krixx87 posted...

I'm starting get the feeling Kixx just likes killing dragons and devouring their souls or he would have at least agreed to disagree by now. Instead he ignores any of the logic we point out and states the only good dragon (or closest you can find to a good one, since even Paarthurnax says he is still mastering his control over his darker nature) must die because of what he did thousands of years ago.