My steward keeps going walkabout.

#1davden90925Posted 7/3/2013 11:43:48 PM
Sven from Riverwood is my steward and does all his stewardly duties, but he always goes back to riverwood. I got him to follow me again and dismissed him inside Lakeview manor and he seemed pretty content, or at least he didn't leave for a while. But I came back later and he was gone, he just nicked off down to riverwood. I married Camilla so I was looking forward to making him watch as she cooked me meals and mothered my children. I even took him to the wedding and made him sit in the front row. How can I get him to stay in my house? He keeps going back to Riverwood when I take my eye off him, even though the game knows he's my steward. Camilla hasn't moved in yet.
#2VasDeferensPosted 7/3/2013 11:52:07 PM
Slaughterfish Dundee
#3daishan35Posted 7/4/2013 2:20:26 AM
i think most of the housecarls at Lakeview do that. Mine is my housecarl from becoming thane of Falkreath and she always patrols my grounds.
---
See you, Space Cowboy.
#4FrostmerePosted 7/4/2013 4:09:02 AM
Vilkas goes back to whiterun sometimes, super annoying.
#5theonyxphoenixPosted 7/4/2013 5:36:26 AM
So he wants to do a walkabout. Nobody can tell him what he can and can't do!
---
He doesn't row.
#6davden90925(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 5:45:04 AM
daishan35 posted...
i think most of the housecarls at Lakeview do that. Mine is my housecarl from becoming thane of Falkreath and she always patrols my grounds.

So does he stay at your house or not? I thought they were supposed to stay... maybe I was wrong. Anyone know?
#7DrNewcensteinPosted 7/4/2013 6:06:57 AM
Did you dismiss him or make him your steward? If you dismissed him, he's going home. If he's your steward, he should hang around the house.

However, Lydia is my steward at Heljarchen, and she walks down to the crossroads near Whiterun, then back to the house. Jordis and Iona don't wander off, just Lydia.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#8davden90925(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:22:07 AM
DrNewcenstein posted...
Did you dismiss him or make him your steward? If you dismissed him, he's going home. If he's your steward, he should hang around the house.

To be honest I don't know, I've been playing on like 3 other characters and just came back to this one. I just found Sven in Riverwood who had all the Steward dialogue (I need you to upgrade...) and none of my other followers could become steward. So I assume I've made him my steward but I can't get him to stay
#9VeezaraPosted 7/4/2013 7:22:44 AM
I made Ingjard my steward, she wanders about outside sometimes but the only time she actually left the area was for the final Dawnguard mission, she went back to the fort to hear the speech.
#10chaos_belmontPosted 7/4/2013 9:35:43 AM
Oy croc! Ye this is mah thumb up YUR ARSE!
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.