Can someone summarize the Stormcloaks and Imperials for me?

#41Billy-De-KidPosted 7/10/2013 7:28:01 PM
I seem to remember being treated fairly by the Guards in Cyrodiil, regardless of race ("Greetings, citizen")...... Not so much in Skyrim:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Guard_Dialogue#Reactions_to_Player.27s_Race

Also, it seems to me that Stormcloaks treat Elves and Beast Races coldly

"Stay out of trouble, lizard."
"Don't cross me, Elf."
"What do you want... cat?"

The other guards do not have this dialogue, coincidence? I think not.
---
"What have I become? Something less than human... but also something more..." -Alex Mercer
Check out the new XBLA game, State of Decay.
#42JOExHIGASHIPosted 7/10/2013 8:30:13 PM
There was a war between Aldemeri Dominion and Empire

A peace treaty was made that included a ban on Talos worship

Nords were angry and worshiped him anyways. The empire did not enforce the ban on Talos worship .

Aldemeri Dominion learned the ban wasn't being enforced so empire started enforcing it. So now Nords make a faction called Storm Cloaks and they fight the Empire for the right to worship Talos.
---
Discipline is remembering what you want
#43SHADOW0106Posted 7/11/2013 3:13:39 AM
if you want strength and unity you join the empire if you want to **** your sister you join the lameclocks
---
Can my ego help you GT SHAD0W 4500
#44Billy-De-KidPosted 7/11/2013 5:13:09 AM
SHADOW0106 posted...
if you want strength and unity you join the empire if you want to **** your sister you join the lameclocks

Hahaha. Best Skyrim parody of all time:

The Senile Scribbles: Skyrim.
---
"What have I become? Something less than human... but also something more..." -Alex Mercer
#45WelshDragon89Posted 7/11/2013 8:45:18 AM
TheCalabasasCou posted...
"You a Dark Elf lover? Get out of our city, you filthy piece of trash"

"They're parasites. They're living in our city, under our protection, but what do they do for us? Nothing! I know the High King invited them here, but he didn't ask me or anyone else first. Maybe he should have."

"Watch out some gray-skin doesn't pick your pocket."

"Go back to Morrowind, Dark Elf maggots! You're not welcome here!"

"Get out of our city, gray-skins! This is Nord land!"

"We don't want your kind here, dark elves!"

"This place reeks of gray-skin filth!"

"You like living in this filthy slum, dark elves? Maybe you should go back to Morrowind, where you belong!"

-Ulfric Stormcloak

he's right though. all the races have a province, sans the Orcs who are content with their city state. Skyrim is the province of the Nords.
---
Scrawn
http://i.imgur.com/uPvyXpf.jpg
#46Billy-De-KidPosted 7/11/2013 9:58:58 AM
WelshDragon89 posted...
TheCalabasasCou posted...
"You a Dark Elf lover? Get out of our city, you filthy piece of trash"

"They're parasites. They're living in our city, under our protection, but what do they do for us? Nothing! I know the High King invited them here, but he didn't ask me or anyone else first. Maybe he should have."

"Watch out some gray-skin doesn't pick your pocket."

"Go back to Morrowind, Dark Elf maggots! You're not welcome here!"

"Get out of our city, gray-skins! This is Nord land!"

"We don't want your kind here, dark elves!"

"This place reeks of gray-skin filth!"

"You like living in this filthy slum, dark elves? Maybe you should go back to Morrowind, where you belong!"

-Ulfric Stormcloak

he's right though. all the races have a province, sans the Orcs who are content with their city state. Skyrim is the province of the Nords.

Imperials have Cyrodiil, where ALL races are welcome..............................
---
#47LooksForSkoomaPosted 7/11/2013 11:34:12 AM
I'm replaying Oblivion and it's hard to go from intolerant racist Skyrim to tolerant racist Cyrodiil.
---
I wish I was Justin Bieber. -rx54
#48NepharenPosted 7/11/2013 12:03:26 PM
Anyone else find it hilarious that the ebonheart pact consists of nords, argonians, and dunmer. It's like the devs made that alliance just to spite Rolff.

Also, pretty sure the bosmer don't hold grudges against the other races of tamriel because the bosmer think they're awesome.... seasoned in elvan spices and served with a nice bottle of colovian brandy.
#49iDontCareBearPosted 7/11/2013 12:17:08 PM
Nepharen posted...
Anyone else find it hilarious that the ebonheart pact consists of nords, argonians, and dunmer. It's like the devs made that alliance just to spite Rolff.

Also, pretty sure the bosmer don't hold grudges against the other races of tamriel because the bosmer think they're awesome.... seasoned in elvan spices and served with a nice bottle of colovian brandy.

Bosmer master race!
#50PimpHandofGodPosted 7/11/2013 12:18:24 PM
The Legion is red and the Stormcloaks are blue. Therefore if you support the Empire you support terrorism.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2