the combat in this game is so bad

#1JvaasPosted 7/10/2013 1:05:38 PM
i feels like i am swatting the air and that my hits never truly connect it only depends on how close i am to an enemy

i tried playing skyrim again after a long break and I have just given up and gone back to Dark Souls

Dark Souls is infinitely better and I still don't understand how this game is so high up on the leaderboards when its gameplay is lacking in pretty much every aspect.
#2RikashiPosted 7/10/2013 1:07:30 PM
The combat in this game is so bad it makes Valen Dreth cry.
---
Animal Crossing: New Leaf FC 0473-9185-1258
The ruling king that sees in another his equivalent rules nothing. - Vivec
#3TwoBladesOneBowPosted 7/10/2013 1:08:36 PM
*adds to ignore list*
---
"We all start with innocence, but the world leads us to guilt."
#4Jvaas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 1:10:01 PM
TwoBladesOneBow posted...
*adds to ignore list*

oh no! this guy can't handle a little criticism of his beloved skyrim and has ignored me. woe is me :'(
#5DrNewcensteinPosted 7/10/2013 1:13:15 PM
Well, yeah you typically do have to get up on someone to hit them with a sword. Same with a hammer or battleaxe. What's the problem?

I mean, you don't have to be kissing them, but enemies do charge in close and will stay out of your swing range, just like you're supposed to do. The beauty of it is that they have to be right up on you to hit you as well, so it balances out.

How does Dark Souls do it; you swing and everything on radar takes a hit?
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#6Jvaas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 1:14:45 PM
DrNewcenstein posted...
Well, yeah you typically do have to get up on someone to hit them with a sword. Same with a hammer or battleaxe. What's the problem?

I mean, you don't have to be kissing them, but enemies do charge in close and will stay out of your swing range, just like you're supposed to do. The beauty of it is that they have to be right up on you to hit you as well, so it balances out.

How does Dark Souls do it; you swing and everything on radar takes a hit?

Dark Souls is a game where swinging your weapon actually means something and you feel all your attacks truly connect. try it out if you haven't already played it. you will be converted in a week.
#7Evil_SandwichPosted 7/10/2013 1:16:19 PM
*Yawns*

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 combat > Crap Souls
#8Dark_ApostatePosted 7/10/2013 1:19:05 PM
Jvaas posted...
<

Dark Souls is a game where swinging your weapon actually means something and you feel all your attacks truly connect. try it out if you haven't already played it. you will be converted in a week.

Actually I didn't much care for the combat in Dark Souls. The character is too stiff, and the large amount of difficulty comes from not being able to see multiple enemies clearly. It was a fun game, but the combat sucked. My opinion of course.
#9Jvaas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 1:20:30 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
*Yawns*

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 combat > Crap Souls

lol... button mashers. you are funny.
#10DougymcPosted 7/10/2013 1:20:38 PM
Jvaas posted...
try it out if you haven't already played it. you will be converted in a week.

I've played it. I wasn't half as impressed as I am told I should be. Was the combat better? Sure. Was it the "ultimate combat experience" I kept hearing it was? Not even close.

I'm not saying I didn't like the game, but it is highly overrated. Much like Skyrim is.