the combat in this game is so bad

#71AflockOfHippiesPosted 7/10/2013 9:43:07 PM
Hey, hey, we're the Monkees and people say we monkey around, but we're too busy singing to put anybody down. Just trying to be...

*looks around confused*

Sorry, wrong thread.

*Quietly slips out and shuts door behind him*
---
---Opinions are like butt-holes: everybody's got one and sometimes it might stink.---
#72Hannibal_MorganPosted 7/10/2013 11:31:46 PM
VampyreFox posted...
Dark souls isn't even that hard. I feel that Skyrim's weapons have more weight in the swing, and a feeling of contact. In Dark souls all I see is -slash, 203- And one hit kill back-stabbs.

r u srs kid

i can stack sneak attack damage on a dagger and OHKO a dragon on skyrim
---
You're gonna be fine, baby doll!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgEIXJmK9tg
#73SoulOfFaythPosted 7/11/2013 1:19:30 AM
Last week I bought Minecraft but the combat was so bad I went back to Skyrim.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#74LooksForSkoomaPosted 7/11/2013 1:34:58 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
Last week I bought Minecraft but the combat was so bad I went back to Skyrim.

I been saying this now. Minecraft sux y isn't it more leik Dark Souls.
---
I wish I was Justin Bieber. -rx54
#75Bottler0cketPosted 7/11/2013 2:00:51 AM
KintamaGolden posted...
Bottler0cket posted...
It's true, the combat in Skyrim is far from great. Every game has it's flaws.

I've actually just finished Dark Souls, its a great game, and i would say on a whole it's combat is better. However, it's still not as deep as you make out.

Are you talking about me? Strange cause I only said that the combat is better than skyrim. I don't know about others but I'm not a good gamer. It's actually the only game where I broke my controller.

I was talking to TC.
#76OgreRecruiterPosted 7/11/2013 2:44:52 AM
Jvaas posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
*Yawns*

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 combat > Crap Souls

lol... button mashers. you are funny.

I laughed at you for saying that. Ninja Gaiden is not all about simple button mashing... (Play Master Ninja on Razors Edge (Ninja Gaiden 3) It will punish you for your silly button mashing.
---
Blood Knights: You sir are the greatest damn troll alive, and you're not even meaning to troll.
#77Cogira94Posted 7/11/2013 2:56:02 AM
herp a derpa der ima giant tard that can only play one game.
#78TheCalabasasCouPosted 7/11/2013 3:14:19 AM
AflockOfHippies posted...
Hey, hey, we're the Monkees and people say we monkey around, but we're too busy singing to put anybody down. Just trying to be...

*looks around confused*

Sorry, wrong thread.

*Quietly slips out and shuts door behind him*

Everybody get up,it's time to slam now We got a real jam going down Welcome to the Space Jam Here's your chance,do your dance at the Space Jam All right

Wave your hands in the air if you feel fine We're going to take it into overtime Welcome to the Space Jam Here's your chance,do your dance at the Space Jam All right
---
Turn off the lights light a candle, and have a seance Pull the lid off the Dean Martin scandal Witches warlocks spooks and holy ghosts RZA lets defraud the hoax
#79lightfighterPosted 7/11/2013 5:54:05 AM
While I don't like the combat in this game, it's not a deal-breaker for me.
#80bluegender4everPosted 7/11/2013 7:57:32 AM
combat is pretty stale in this.

I only started playing TES since Oblivion which (melee) combat could be summed up as : if it has a shield, block until they hit you, swing twice, repeat, OR if it doesn't have a shield, swing madly until it dies.

Skyrim is more like just swing at them until they die. No more stamina loss for normal swings....Power attacks or not they still take damage when blocking and enemies rarely stagger you anymore unless they power attack you so yeah...I found a lot more enjoyment playing the stealthy archer/backstabber type or letting my decked out follower + dead thralls/dremora lords run in while I basically stood around blocking or (ineffectually as I played master/legendary all the time) casting destruction spells depending on the char build.

Playing on Master/Legendary helps you be more cautious and defensive at first, until you start smithing yourself some better gear and then it's just more of the same, only it takes longer.

I just want to point out I never found much challenge in either this or Oblivion, but that's not what these games are about now is it? They're about immersion and (sadly) acting as time-sinks. I always told my buddies that never played Oblivion/Skyrim that basically you have to find something in the game that gives you a reason to play it (like getting caught up in crafting spells/alchemy or smithing) because the game itself is pretty short on story, has decidedly oddball character progression (more so in Oblivion), and the general boringness of it.

My reasons?
I spent most of my time in Oblivion purposely walking from town to town, to take in the (for the era) amazingly detailed graphics of the wilderness. Otherwise I was off-put by just about everything else in the game (mind you I never played a TES game and was quite used to JRPGS and D&D stuff)
In Skyrim I mostly focus on combining builds of Thrall-users with something else, be it magic, archery, heavy armor + shield, etc. Regrinding to craft gear for thralls and followers is as good a time-sink as any, and I like watching two Forsworn Ravagers decimate EVERYTHING in the game.

In any case, I do like Skyrim for its awesome visuals, decent crafting systems and overall efficient presentation, and it's a vast improvement over Oblivion I think. In fact, every time I try to play Oblivion again it pisses me off to the point of not playing it in mere minutes.
---
10,000 Days in the fire is long enough...you're going home... http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html stop him!