After all these patches, how buggy is Skyrim today?

#1AdmantCrowPosted 7/11/2013 5:47:07 AM
Is it better, or worse?
---
"No one cared who I was until I put on the mask."
#2IamI3rianPosted 7/11/2013 5:55:49 AM
Do you honestly think the patches made it worse?
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Enemy MCC shields... failed
#3SoulOfFaythPosted 7/11/2013 5:57:33 AM(edited)
1.9 made it much worse. I've been experiencing an amount of buggyness I never had before.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#4AdmantCrow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 5:57:40 AM
IamI3rian posted...

Patches can conflict with old patches and just screw stuff up.
---
"No one cared who I was until I put on the mask."
#5Billy-De-KidPosted 7/11/2013 6:20:52 AM
Freezing's a bit more rampant in my experience, but that's probably because of the DLC.

Patches and DLC have transitioned it from 8.5 to 9.5. Get the Legendary Edition if you don't have a steady internet connection.
---
"What have I become? Something less than human... but also something more..." -Alex Mercer
Check out the new XBLA game, State of Decay.
#6IamI3rianPosted 7/11/2013 6:33:04 AM
AdmantCrow posted...
IamI3rian posted...

Patches can conflict with old patches and just screw stuff up.

One ought to delete the update data, before re-updating. Only major thing I've heard of is more freezing (I just defragged my PS3) I've had no issues. Been playing for six and a half hours straight.

Only other thing I've heard of is an issue with NPC's lips synching with their speech. After I saved in a new slot and restarted & reloaded I've had nothing like that.

So, all in all I'd say it's better. = D

P.S. I just patched today. Been 1.8 for months and months. I'm doing the TG, and there's more than a few quest fixes in 1.9 for that line.

Either way though, as I said I'm on PS3. I don't even know if you guys can defrag. I bet you can though, and it's less of a process than we've got. =' (
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Enemy MCC shields... failed
#7jammymacsterPosted 7/11/2013 6:49:06 AM
It's better. There was only one patch that really had any problems and those were corrected in the one after. There are still plenty of glitches but significantly less than on release. If you happen to play on PS3 some patches helped a lot with performance too.

IamI3rian posted...
Either way though, as I said I'm on PS3. I don't even know if you guys can defrag. I bet you can though, and it's less of a process than we've got. =' (

Nope, no defragging for us. As it's a Microsoft product it could probably do with it too.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
http:///www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
#8AflockOfHippiesPosted 7/11/2013 7:38:08 AM
I do seem to get way more freezing than I did when the game first came out. Now that I think of it it has been worse since 1.9. I hate having to get up like 3 times in ten minutes (sometimes) to go manually turn off the Xbox because the entire system is froze.

Plus, I try to save a lot because of this, but sometimes you get deep into the game and you forget to save (and autosave hasn't kicked-in in a while either) and the game freezes and you just lost like an hour or more of either awesome play or a part of the game you really have no desire to play over right then and there.

Still, I mumble in frustration, live with it, and Skyrim on.
---
---Opinions are like butt-holes: everybody's got one and sometimes it might stink.---
#9PlayMotherAt420Posted 7/12/2013 1:05:20 AM
Don't look directly at the bugs
#10Evil_SandwichPosted 7/12/2013 2:00:10 AM
The player character doesn't blink anymore.