The Elder Scrolls VI Fan discussion

#11RebelElite791Posted 7/17/2013 1:10:03 AM
LuisDaCyborg posted...
LooksForSkooma posted...
I didn't even realize you made this topic... and you already made that other, 'newer' one on the same exact subject.... BOO THIS MAN!

Hey man i didn't remember i made that topic, it was just a human mistake, i don't want any trouble.

You can't remember what you did 40 minutes ago?
---
CE's view on Equal Rights: "When white people win." - LamarMiyazaki
http://i.imgur.com/QUk9buh.gif
#12LuisDaCyborg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 1:50:41 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
LuisDaCyborg posted...
LooksForSkooma posted...
I didn't even realize you made this topic... and you already made that other, 'newer' one on the same exact subject.... BOO THIS MAN!

Hey man i didn't remember i made that topic, it was just a human mistake, i don't want any trouble.

You can't remember what you did 40 minutes ago?

I have short-term memory loss so please, i don't want any trouble.
---
Insanity is the fine line between genius and stupid
#13SoulOfFaythPosted 7/17/2013 2:17:24 AM
IamI3rian posted...
Oh I know. That's where I grabbed Daggerfall. I'm playing Skyrim right now, two different games but I'm focussing on a "me" build. Like, if I were dropped into Skyrim.

Took me about 1:15hr, but I managed to get a Breton to look almost exactly like me. RP'ing a TON now, which is awesome again.

Also, I'm trying to act like I would (harder than you think) and I've got a build that mirrors how I'd imagine I'd progress were I dropped into Skyrim.

Sounds awesome. I always think my 'main' char is sort of a 'me' character because that's the one with which I do whatever I want instead of trying to make my choices fit the character, but actually doing one where you try to mimic yourself if you were dropped in Skyrim would be pretty cool.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#14supersekhPosted 7/17/2013 2:26:39 AM
LooksForSkooma posted...
Female armor should be more like this.
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/5/4/5/564545_53892_front.jpg

Unless that armor has a rating of 0, it will break immersion
#15LooksForSkoomaPosted 7/17/2013 2:29:48 AM
supersekh posted...
LooksForSkooma posted...

Unless that armor has a rating of 0, it will break immersion

Na man, enchantments...
---
I wish I was Justin Bieber. -rx54
#16Evil_SandwichPosted 7/17/2013 2:49:54 AM(edited)
LooksForSkooma posted...

Only if there are breast/ass jiggle physics as well.

Any well-endowed chick fighting in that outfit would be bouncing around like crazy IRL lol.
#17DrNewcensteinPosted 7/17/2013 3:52:13 AM
Team Ninja would have to do it. DOAX2 had awesome zero-G Newton's Cradle action LOL

Definitely want more character creation control. They've got plenty for the face, but not much for the body. Implement the kind of control that Saints Row had - I built an obese "Special Ed" as my first guy in that - won Blood In Blood Out on the first try LOL
Short-Bus whupped the Street Gang LOL

Also have to have more variety in NPC body types. Fat people count.

Really need to fix the 1st person perspective camera - I'm tired of being a 4-foot Nord.

Ride a horse into an open cave. If it's a door, fine, but if it's not, I'm riding in.

Take a cue from Arcania: Gothic 4 and eliminate the whole "each house, cave, ruin, etc is a separate map". You go seamlessly from indoors to outdoors, even if there's a door. If the radiant AI causes cave inhabitants to venture out, so be it. Or fix their AI so they don't cross the threshold.

Though it would be sweet to see a Dwarven Centurion out for a stroll through the countryside.

Implement Oblivion's Spellcrafting rules. ANY spell you can acquire, you can craft, even up to a one-hitter if you choose.
Remove the gold requirement though. Always thought that was stupid. What am I doing, buying a spell from The Gods?

Implement Oblivion's enchanting rules - you can put any enchant on any item. Barter only on a necklace is weak.
Again, remove the gold requirement.

Ignore any and all exploits, as they do not affect other people's game. If someone reports an Oghma Infinium level-up cheat, tell them to STFU and not to use it if they don't like it.

Don't just put the entire map of Tamriel up like in Arena and Daggerfall or limit the player to their chosen Province/area. Open up the whole world. If it's on the planet, you can go there.

Dwarven dragon automatons.

and
Curved. Swords.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#18AflockOfHippiesPosted 7/17/2013 5:29:08 AM
IamI3rian posted...
Oh I know. That's where I grabbed Daggerfall. I'm playing Skyrim right now, two different games but I'm focussing on a "me" build. Like, if I were dropped into Skyrim.

Took me about 1:15hr, but I managed to get a Breton to look almost exactly like me. RP'ing a TON now, which is awesome again.

Also, I'm trying to act like I would (harder than you think) and I've got a build that mirrors how I'd imagine I'd progress were I dropped into Skyrim.

Anyway... back on topic, and in the same vein I'd like there to be more customization options and meta-gameplay issues worked on.

HUD opacity simply isn't enough. I want the quest words to come up on screen, as well as my H/M/S bars (since there's no real 'feedback' about how you're doing until you're almost dead).

More hotkeys (obviously), better control over difficulty... I'd personally like to reduce time to kill down to something like 2-4 seconds for everyone (myself included) unless blocking or heavily armored etc...

I guess that's all I can think of, though I'm sure I'm missing some things.

I kind of like this idea. People, including myself, pick up Skyrim and spend time figuring out who they want to be, what type of character to create. Which is fun and imaginative, don't get me wrong. But I like the idea of playing "as yourself". What would you do if you suddenly woke up in Skyrim?

Next time! Too far in to restart now. Still, I imagine this type of play-thru would be best the very first time you play when you have no idea what is going to happen or your decisions will bring. Will try it though. Too bad the Kinect doesn't have a "wipe memory spell" with this game. You know, push A, A, B, RT and there is a beam of light and suddenly you don't remember a thing about Skyrim and what happens in the game. BAM! New game....again!
---
If you were me then I would be you and I would use your hands to type this.