In the next game...*spoilers*

#1-Oath-Posted 7/18/2013 10:18:04 AM
I'd like to see Nocturnal and the Nightingales have their own quest line. I always thought it would be pretty amazing to do a bunch of quests for Nocturnal. I was disappointed when the thieves guild quests were completed there was nothing to do as a Nightingale. Karliah made it seem like Nocturnal would need help at some point. Nocturnal seems a lot different than any of the other princes. She almost seems to genuinely care about you. Also, I wish being an Agent of Nocturnal meant more than a once a day power.

I expect some hate for this, but I really enjoyed the armor and weapons and I felt like a Knight of some sort.

This would also make sure to separate the thieves guild, so we can do more heist and things like that.

What do you guys think?
#2daveliciousPosted 7/18/2013 10:21:21 AM
Nocturnal will need your help at some point... after you die.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: DavePeesThePool
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#3JMLSPPosted 7/18/2013 10:52:40 AM
Sounds cool, I would play the questline...
Some sort of mystical thief/ assassin...
#4elaukaPosted 7/18/2013 12:48:34 PM
Yeah they could do a bit to flush out some side quests or factions next time around, and i would play that one
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)
#5-Oath-(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 2:08:47 PM
elauka posted...
Yeah they could do a bit to flush out some side quests or factions next time around, and i would play that one

Yeah exactly! I'd like to learn more and experience more of what it means to be a Nightingale or the listener or the dragonborn. Some of the times it seems like they just throw you into everything. Wouldn't it be great if Nocturnal recruited you directly? And you could ask her questions and find out some history.
#6thermopylaePosted 7/18/2013 2:15:41 PM
easily doable. the dlc in oblivion with sheogorath was very good.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.
#7-Oath-(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 2:28:21 PM
thermopylae posted...
easily doable. the dlc in oblivion with sheogorath was very good.

You think so? It's just a hope of mine for the future. Honestly, I'd love to know more about the princes. To understand more about why they do the things they do.

Also, I'm really hoping for better rewards from them.
#8DrNewcensteinPosted 7/18/2013 2:57:39 PM
Well, there's always the Lore section at UESP. That's got the in-game books from Arena up through Skyrim (and I'm sure a considerable amount of fan-fiction, which is why I cross-reference the book/article titles and authors to be sure it was found in the game).

It's doubtful the Nightingales would do any assassinating, as that's for the DB. It would have to be limited to Nightingale vs disavowed/ex-Nightingale, or some other enemy of Nocturnal's to not violate Sithis' sphere.

It does seem that once you get to "the top" of these factions there's less and less to do. They tried to add stuff, like the recurring jobs for the TG, the Anomalies that pop up after you're Arch-Mage, the Listener stuff, etc.

However, the problems there are:
-You're the head-cheese in the TG - let one of the footpads go out and do those jobs.
-You're the Listener, not the do-er. You Listen, then tell it to the Speaker, who then assigns the tasks to the peon stirring the spaghetti or the guy who sits in his room all day watching Babette walk by every 5 seconds.

As Arch-Mage, you're the only one qualified to wield the Staff of Magnus to counter the Anomalies and the rift they spawn from. Seriously, give that thing to Lydia and take her for a walk. She's a homicidal maniac with it.
However, against the anomalies and the portals, you're better off with melee weapons because the Staff Of Magnus is a joke.

But I think it's a good idea having the various Daedric Princes more involved. Maybe Dagon comes up and gives you a few errands to run, or Mephala (which, I mean, "go make friends, and kill them" would pretty much be it, but have it to where you could either go be buddies at the Inn or with some Bandits, so at least with the Bandits you're helping cut down on crime), or have Nocturnal summon the Nightingales for some missions (retrieve her Cowl, or Cloak, or her Sphere has been violated by minions of another Daedra, so you're going to take care of it), or maybe Meridia sends you to fight more Necromancers, stuff like that.
Peryite's stuff is pretty much one-and-done, as is Molag Bal's (unless you have to round up women for his Summoning and he makes more vampires out of them - if you're playing a female you can take your chances if you're not already Vampire Lorded).

Maybe Hircine could call you for the Wild Hunt.

Or, rather than have your last Save auto-load when you die, you proceed to whatever End you're in line for - Sovngarde, Hircine's Happy Hunting Grounds, the Soul Cairn, or you wander as a restless spirit some yahoo is always being sent to eliminate.
You wanna go back to "living", you reload your Save yourself.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#9-Oath-(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 3:16:28 PM
DrNew, you made some awesome points. Maybe I should go read up on the Elder Scrolls world more, I'm sure it would be worth it.

To add to some of the things you were saying, what if each "God" good or bad had their own mini questline. Most of the quests for the daedric artifacts were pretty long and drawn out (not all) they could break it down a little and give you more things to do for them instead of almost instantly becoming their champion. Thus, the rewards could be greater and even more of them.

When I play an Elder Scrolls game I honestly don't feel that any of the princes are evil. I actually get really excited lol I feel pretty darn important when a "God" like being is asking me for help.
#10Claimh_SoliasPosted 7/18/2013 3:51:55 PM
DrNewcenstein posted...
Well, there's always the Lore section at UESP. That's got the in-game books from Arena up through Skyrim (and I'm sure a considerable amount of fan-fiction, which is why I cross-reference the book/article titles and authors to be sure it was found in the game).

It's doubtful the Nightingales would do any assassinating, as that's for the DB. It would have to be limited to Nightingale vs disavowed/ex-Nightingale, or some other enemy of Nocturnal's to not violate Sithis' sphere.

It does seem that once you get to "the top" of these factions there's less and less to do. They tried to add stuff, like the recurring jobs for the TG, the Anomalies that pop up after you're Arch-Mage, the Listener stuff, etc.

However, the problems there are:
-You're the head-cheese in the TG - let one of the footpads go out and do those jobs.
-You're the Listener, not the do-er. You Listen, then tell it to the Speaker, who then assigns the tasks to the peon stirring the spaghetti or the guy who sits in his room all day watching Babette walk by every 5 seconds.

As Arch-Mage, you're the only one qualified to wield the Staff of Magnus to counter the Anomalies and the rift they spawn from. Seriously, give that thing to Lydia and take her for a walk. She's a homicidal maniac with it.
However, against the anomalies and the portals, you're better off with melee weapons because the Staff Of Magnus is a joke.

But I think it's a good idea having the various Daedric Princes more involved. Maybe Dagon comes up and gives you a few errands to run, or Mephala (which, I mean, "go make friends, and kill them" would pretty much be it, but have it to where you could either go be buddies at the Inn or with some Bandits, so at least with the Bandits you're helping cut down on crime), or have Nocturnal summon the Nightingales for some missions (retrieve her Cowl, or Cloak, or her Sphere has been violated by minions of another Daedra, so you're going to take care of it), or maybe Meridia sends you to fight more Necromancers, stuff like that.
Peryite's stuff is pretty much one-and-done, as is Molag Bal's (unless you have to round up women for his Summoning and he makes more vampires out of them - if you're playing a female you can take your chances if you're not already Vampire Lorded).

Maybe Hircine could call you for the Wild Hunt.

Or, rather than have your last Save auto-load when you die, you proceed to whatever End you're in line for - Sovngarde, Hircine's Happy Hunting Grounds, the Soul Cairn, or you wander as a restless spirit some yahoo is always being sent to eliminate.
You wanna go back to "living", you reload your Save yourself.

Ehh, honestly, I would not use the UESP for lore. For quest, item, faction info, etc., sure, but for lore? Use the Imperial Library found here:

http://www.imperial-library.info/
---
rre pauwel quowjaz, chs saash en gyusya
... Power is justice, and we are the Gods of Domination....