The Elder Scrolls RP (The Great War) OOC 5

#161TwoBladesOneBowPosted 7/26/2013 6:07:58 PM(edited)
Lykos
One-With-Wind (1)
Azrael (1)
Darius
Lucius (1)
Eleanor
Anakletos
Xarxes
Crusarius (1)
Elixium (1)
Elenine
Vallus (1)
Floyd (1)
Naspis (1)
Do' Nadul
Silver
Yami
Avon
Sam (1)
Psycha (1)
Vereez (1)
Valthar (1)
Aeya (1)
Snakefang
Stryder
Travis
Voiran
Taldriel
Valerius
Marius
Janius (1)
Pristor (1)

If a single one of you whines about me forgetting your character you can f*** off.
---
"We all start with innocence, but the world leads us to guilt."
#162I_Dont_Agree(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 5:58:17 PM
Vallus (1)
Lysona (1)
Floyd (1)
Naspis (1)
Do'Nadul
---
You move like an insect. You think like an insect. You ARE an insect.
Official Hand Axe of the Dark Souls board
#163Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 7/26/2013 6:57:07 PM
What them lists be for?
---
http://i.imgur.com/AJS7VHe.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Fy3BQYr.jpg
#164TwoBladesOneBowPosted 7/26/2013 7:25:08 PM
Curved, Psycha's earth powers better not end up being anything like my characters. I chose Wind and Sand magic after researching and testing. Keep her powers seperate from their's. it is one of the things they share as a test of their bond, and I've been writing how it takes years to master. I'm not so selfish that I wouldn't want other characters to use Wind or Sand, but they better live up to what I've put behind it.

Also, this "arc" with the majority of council characters better be awesome because we had no plot at all for a while. It would have been fine if this arc slowly came to the light while another arc was going on, but there was no other arc. We've just been walking, talking, and f******. At least a barfight happened. Something at least a little bit interesting.

You know what? F*** it. I'm complaining about every little thing tonight. Grog. According to most of you he was so powerful that he ruined the Oblivion Crisis RP. But, now we have characters that are probably more of a threat than 5 Grogs. I felt so bad because I listened to you guys and convinced myself I ruined your fun. That was never my intent and I didn't want to make him that powerful.

But, a villian who was originally meant just for One, Lykos, and Lucius also ended up becoming the enemy of a vampire lord, sonebody who can have the best armor in werewolf form, and his sister. I also didn't know how powerful everybody else was because I couldn't get caught up on every single arc. So I ended up making him godly powerful not by choice. But, we took care of the enemy problem in the plot by not having any. The ones we do have can just get killed by the god characters.

So it is ok that I take on the guilt of having to make such a powerful character and not tell anybody about it, but now our characters can kill the Dominion itself it is ok. Did I do the right thing? No. But, why can others make god characters and it is ok? Why am I the only one who has to feel like an ass when others are making the same mistake for no reason?

Alright. Now lets talk about rules. You know those things we don't really have and is causing half these problems. Why don't the council's characters need approval? Because that little perk allows any crappy godlike character to join without anything being fixed.

Lore anybody? I'm pretty sure half of this s*** would've been mentioned in book or dialogue.
---
"We all start with innocence, but the world leads us to guilt."
#165Curved_Sw0rdPosted 7/26/2013 7:35:01 PM
Psycha's more or less been locked away in her mansion since she was eight. Her practice with resto and Alteration was one of the things that kept her from going too stir-crazy.

And about the OPness of our characters. Yes, it's gotten out of hand, but that's why I plan on most of my characters retiring or such by the time the Dragon Crisis rolls around.
---
r u aven a giggl ther m8
ill bash ye ead in swear on me mum
#166Gannondwarf432Posted 7/26/2013 7:42:48 PM
Curved_Sw0rd posted...
Psycha's more or less been locked away in her mansion since she was eight. Her practice with resto and Alteration was one of the things that kept her from going too stir-crazy.

And about the OPness of our characters. Yes, it's gotten out of hand, but that's why I plan on most of my characters retiring or such by the time the Dragon Crisis rolls around.

I agree with the OP characters, and I hope the Sleeper Arc goes how we want it to for everyone to be involved (if possible, that is). And I believe the reason behind my power chars. was because in the OC RP, Bren was insane and relied on the Wabbajack for everything, and Vox… I never intended for her to be a major character, but she ended up as one and that wasn't the most fun for me.
---
I am Gannon the Sane, not to be confused with Gannon the Grain. Now bring me all your single shoes!
Official Prophet of the Elder Scrolls Roleplay
#167Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 7/26/2013 7:47:50 PM
I tend not to bring up too much lore or argue about rules being broken because it leads to massive arguments, so I just let things slide.

Like when I was asking for approval for my characters and poot told me that I didn't need it. Of course, I thought my characters needed a little review and the council member characters needed approval, but I decided to go silent, as to not cause infighting.

I do apologize for making god-like characters though. Voiran wiped out (KO'd) the majority of the suicide squad almost single handidly (even though they were pretty much destroying an entire country alone) and I shouldn't have made him able to do that, despite the lack of any outside strife, conflict, or antagonists at the time. So I apologize for that.

I think the incoming arrival of such OP characters is because everyone wanted their characters to be equal in power, or atleast have a slight chance of beating some of the more unbelievable characters.

I agree with plenty of points you made Twoblades, (I was gone for the two days grog was being debated over so idk what happened there) but I'd rather be silent and passive than cause arguments.
---
#168I_Dont_Agree(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 7:56:46 PM
The OP-ness has bugged me for awhile, and made me question my own characters' power. I do a lot of stuff that isn't really lore friendly at times, but I try to keep them human and vulnerable.

Naspis is the exception. I don't know whether or not he's too powerful, or too weak. I mean, he's supposed to be tough, but has been swept away effortlessly so far except when I have him assassinate people (despite him not being an assassin) and even then he can fail or be injured.

The power levels are getting out of hand though. And if my characters are part of the issue I'm willing to injure/cripple/kill them to maintain the balance (or at least try).
---
You move like an insect. You think like an insect. You ARE an insect.
Official Hand Axe of the Dark Souls board
#169Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 7/26/2013 7:58:20 PM
I_Dont_Agree posted...

The power levels are getting out of hand though. And if my characters are part of the issue I'm willing to injure/cripple/kill them to maintain the balance (or at least try).

QFT

I am also willing to do this.
---
#170PootbirdPosted 7/27/2013 12:35:38 AM
The characters being OP have been annoying me for a long time, since the second thread of the Great War maybe.
Twoblades had the right to be annoyed, everyone claimed grog was unstoppable when a majority of our characters were able to tank an army by themselves, I can see why people didnt like being on the dominion, because they were just gonna get swatted.

I'm going to say this now, STOP with the OPness, you'll find the RP much more enjoyable if you find yourselves NEEDING your allies, if you work together and accomplish things as a team, it's much more enjoyable and more sustainable.

As for the council members needing approval, they do technically get approval, the council members still look at the character sheet and judge it from there, it's just not done public.
You guys are not completely powerless, if something's wrong, just tell the problem and we'll do all we can.
---
The official POOTIS of the Elder Scrolls RP.
"Just so you know I'm running a fever, but it was totally worth it!" - Tali'Zorah