This game has amazing AI

#1RawrABCPosted 7/19/2013 4:52:41 PM(edited)
I was trespassing on a ship. I was spotted by some of the crew and I killed 3 of them. They had better swords than the one I was using so I dropped my sword for one of theirs.

As I was walking away I suddenly heard footsteps, so I hurried and hid in a dark corner. Another shipmate came along and stood in the middle of the 3 bodies that used to be apart of his crew until I murdered them all. He picks something up, walks over to me, standing perfectly still in the darkness, and then says "you should be more careful what you leave lying around" or something like that and hands me back my sword.

He then turns away and starts walking back the way he came, so I stood out of my crouch and walked behind him. He promptly pulled out his sword and said "what was that?" turned around, and then screamed at me in surprise that I was going to die or something and slashed at me until I killcam'd him.
#2TaigaWilliamPosted 7/19/2013 5:04:35 PM
*gets arrow to face*
*FREAK OUT*
*look around for source of arrow*
*for about 45 seconds...*
"Must have been the wind."
*wanders back to cooking spit*
*arrow still visible sticking out of face*
"Two threes... what was he thinking?"
---
PSN: rebel_nowe | Maerlyn | 200 | Support Mage
PSN: TaigaWilliam | Cadence | 200 | TG Strider
#3LooksForSkoomaPosted 7/19/2013 5:07:10 PM
I always thought it was so stupid when you hit people with arrows and they have no idea where they came from. You can practically triangulate the archer's position by where the arrow points.
---
I wish I was Justin Bieber. -rx54
You only have to be 13 to register for GFAQs but they are running ads for vodka, stay classy GFAQs.
#4TaigaWilliamPosted 7/19/2013 5:08:59 PM
LooksForSkooma posted...
I always thought it was so stupid when you hit people with arrows and they have no idea where they came from. You can practically triangulate the archer's position by where the arrow points.

*fires arrow into campfire*
*7 bandits freak out*
*hunt down arrow*
---
PSN: rebel_nowe | Maerlyn | 200 | Support Mage
PSN: TaigaWilliam | Cadence | 200 | TG Strider
#5LooksForSkoomaPosted 7/19/2013 5:23:39 PM
Yea that but I meant more like when you shoot them in the back and they run forward looking for someone... I'm just like *facepalm*
---
I wish I was Justin Bieber. -rx54
You only have to be 13 to register for GFAQs but they are running ads for vodka, stay classy GFAQs.
#6RawrABC(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 5:46:40 PM
TaigaWilliam posted...
*gets arrow to face*
*FREAK OUT*
*look around for source of arrow*
*for about 45 seconds...*
"Must have been the wind."
*wanders back to cooking spit*
*arrow still visible sticking out of face*
"Two threes... what was he thinking?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbF9ynGZV0
#7DrNewcensteinPosted 7/20/2013 5:28:33 AM
*two guards on watch - one dies from an arrow*
*surviving guard goes hostile and looks around, but sees no one - "must have been my imagination"

"That's some imagination you got there, buddy."
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 7/20/2013 6:56:59 AM
I was walking along the road when a group of vampires called me to come near them. So I go near them and they ask what I'm doing there and become hostile.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#9ShaminardrgnPosted 7/20/2013 7:14:17 PM(edited)
*Thief runs up to you while you're in werewolf form*

Thief : Right, hand over yo....

*Thief's sentance is cut short as I cancel conversation and disembowel him*

Seriously, what kind of IDIOT tries to mug a WEREWOLF?!?!

He died very, very, VERY quickly too; I just squeezed the right trigger and I automatically knocked the man to the ground and ripped him to pieces.

These NPC's aren't very smart are they?

I'd have much prefered them to realise who you are. For example, you are now well known as the dragonborn, and a thief runs up to you and says

Thief : "Right, hand over (realises who he's talking to. he muddles his words as he tries to stop talking) uh...your valuables, uh...or....uh... i'll uh....gut...uh...say, you're the dragonborn aren't you? Oh please, please don't kill me!"

And you can spare him or decide to kill him. If you spare him, he says.

Thief : "oh, thank you! Here, I uh....'found' this. you can have it" (hands you money) "uh....bye!" (runs off)

If you decide to kill him, he says

Thief : "Oh no! HELP ME!" and tries to defend himself.

But again, this means inputing extra dialouge responses due to your reputation or guild/group assosication...something that I guess bethesda finds to be too difficult. (smarmy sarcasm)

---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#10DrNewcensteinPosted 7/20/2013 7:08:50 PM
I'm experiencing Draugr that loot the urns since the latest console update. Went into a ruin that typically has 3-8 Gold in each urn, with very few Empty, yet they were all empty (Discovered it before entering, so I know I hadn't been there).
Every walking Draugr I killed was carrying 15-20 Gold, and usually they only had 2 or 3.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.