An essential guard? (small spoilers?)

#1LordTrinenPosted 7/24/2013 2:31:32 PM
You know that guard that patrols the road by the Loreius Farm? The one that can play a part if the quest "Delayed Burial" if you so choose? I didn't realize this but this guard is tagged as Essential and I don't think he can lose it. Loreius and his wife Curwe are also Essential but lose this tag after "Delayed Burial" and/or "With Friends Like These..." is completed. I'm surprised the guard didn't lose it too.

Some time ago someone posted a topic about Lucia, the Hearthfire orphan in Whiterun. After her mother died her aunt and uncle took over the farm and threw her off. Even though the actual farm likely does not exist in the game it was deduced that Loreius and Curwe were the two most likely candidates for Lucia's twisted aunt and uncle.

I decided to do a little roleplaying with this idea. My character is a Vampire Lord who adopted Lucia. He loves her so much that he decides to punish her aunt and uncle for abandoning her like that. He waits until they have gone back into their house for the evening for dinner. He went in after them and turned into a VL to kill them and strike fear into their hearts.

I killed Curwe first with the Vampiric Grip spell. She dangled there helplessly while the life drained out of her and Loreius attacked me, probably in a desperate attempt to save his wife. When she died I went after him next. However I ran out of magicka before the Grip spell could completely kill him and I dropped him. He got back up and ran outside in terror. I followed and killed him the rest of the way when I had enough magicka. Of course the guard had joined the fray by this point so I attacked until he collapsed and fled.

I actually intended to kill the guard first so there would be no authorities around to stop me. However when my sneak attacks didn't finish him off I had to reload an earlier save and alter may plans. Still, I had fun and Lucia was avenged. Now to pay Lemkil in Rorikstead a visit...
#2DrNewcensteinPosted 7/24/2013 2:43:46 PM(edited)
So how does this guard get involved in Delayed Burial?
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#3jammymacsterPosted 7/24/2013 2:47:17 PM
By doing what Vantus asks. He wants you to turn in Cicero to a guard because he suspects the cargo contains something illegal like Skooma.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
http:///www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
#4VeezaraPosted 7/24/2013 3:23:50 PM(edited)
If you agree with Vantus that he shouldn't help Cicero he will tell you to turn him in to the guard.
My old thread about Lucia's uncle. I still wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the farms near Whiterun. Elderscrollswikia saying she probably came from a farm from Cyrrodil seems less likely when not only are there three farms with Imperial(by race) owners near Whiterun but Whiterun is bang in the middle of Skyrim. If she had come from south of Skyrim she would have been more likely to end up in Riften or Falkreath but why would she even cross the border anyway?

Talking of avenging your adopted kids, I'd say theres a 50% chance I've avenged Sofie's father, given my character killed half the legion.
#5nnytherkillerPosted 7/25/2013 1:58:39 PM
Veezara posted...
Talking of avenging your adopted kids, I'd say theres a 50% chance I've avenged Sofie's father, given my character killed half the legion.

Why stop at half the legion?
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#6VeezaraPosted 7/26/2013 3:33:29 PM
nnytherkiller posted...
Veezara posted...

Why stop at half the legion?

The other half was done by my brothers and sisters in arms.