How much thought have you put into which side you join in the civil war?

#31SilverosxPosted 7/26/2013 9:51:50 AM
None.

I flipped a coin and Imperials won.

Did the whole war just for achievements on my achievements-only file.

Hit 1k/1k and deleted it.

All files afterwards avoid the war completely.
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!
#32Anticitizen97(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 6:56:55 PM
I also like what the Empire stands for, but I can't see them pulling through in the next war with the Aldmeri.
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 5
#33VeezaraPosted 7/27/2013 12:47:57 AM
I thought about it and decided the Stormcloaks. They want to be an independent nation, not controlled by the Thalmor like the Empire. The Doninion could try to invade but Skyrim would most likely win. For example Missing in Action, you get three Stormcloaks as backup to clear out Northwatch Keep and rescue Thorald. Very possible to complete without losing any of your three Stormcloak followers. Also Skyrim is familiar ground for the Stormcloaks, moist of the Thalmor who invade would be ones who have never been there before.

DrNewcenstein posted...

The Aldmeri position on Talos amounts to being butthurt that a human ascended instead of an Elf. It really is that simple. While the Thalmor in-game do make a vaguely convincing point in their dialog, they are clearly trying to drive a wedge between the Empire and Skyrim by targetting Nords alone. I don't ever see them with an Argonian, Kahjiit, or Dunmer prisoner, and their beliefs are just as blasphemous (the Aedra are cats, not Elves, the Argonians worship The Hist, the Dunmer worship the Tribunal).

They do actually have an Argonian in Northwatch Keep. For some reason you can't rescue him or any of the other prisoners apart from Thorald, you can break the lock but he just stays there.

turn_based posted...
Plus, are there really any cool Stormcloak jarls?

Ulfric.
Skald The Elder.

Appart from Balgruff are there any cool Imperial Jarls?
#34GriffRobertsPosted 7/27/2013 1:10:17 AM
Veezara posted...

Appart from Balgruff are there any cool Imperial Jarls?

Brunwulf Free-Winter, Idgrod Ravencrone, and I honestly like Maven Black-Briar for some reason. And a lot of the Stormcloak Jarls are just worse than their replacements, like Skald, or Korir. And even though I'm cool with Maven (honestly, makes no difference if she's Jarl or Laila is, Maven's in control anyway), for some reason I f***ing hate the Silver-Blood clan.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#35RebelElite791Posted 7/27/2013 1:20:04 AM
Anticitizen97 posted...
I also like what the Empire stands for, but I can't see them pulling through in the next war with the Aldmeri.

So you think a ragtag group of old Nords who were losing to a SINGLE legion at the start of Skyrim would have a better chance? <__<

Even ignoring personal preferences, that's blatantly insane.
---
CE's view on Equal Rights: "When white people win." - LamarMiyazaki
http://i.imgur.com/QUk9buh.gif http://i.imgur.com/y9X7A6k.gif
#36FMLGPosted 7/27/2013 1:22:36 AM
And Siddgeir's a bro.

The Dominion will never attempt to invade Skyrim unless they share borders, the Sea of Ghosts would be a terrible idea.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Grand Jester of the Fourth Empire
#37DragoBlade7Posted 7/27/2013 1:25:50 AM
I don't see how I could have joined the Empire if my first questline involved killing the Emperor .
---
If a tree falls in the forest, and no-one was there to hear it...
Would a hipster buy the soundtrack?
#38Brenz0rPosted 7/27/2013 1:30:42 AM
DragoBlade7 posted...
I don't see how I could have joined the Empire if my first questline involved killing the Emperor .

You could have been impressed enough with him personally to join up and attempt to absolve yourself, perhaps?
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#39Tranquillity_Posted 7/27/2013 3:27:39 AM
Tullius' Armour = Shiny
Ulfric's Armour = Ugly.......join Stormcloaks

No but really the side I usually pick is the Empire because basically all the reasons posted above and has anyone ever thought that maybe the Empire is trying to PROTECT Skyrim, I mean, if Skyrim divide from the Empire then there's nothing to stop the Thalmor from charging in and ****ing things up.
---
Disregard everything I just said.
#40IamI3rianPosted 7/27/2013 4:14:35 AM
FMLG posted...
I3rian, Imperium sine fine means Empire without end...

Yeah, totally didn't see that. = )
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
The Drippings will pay