Honest question for console players from PC player.

#1BobbyGoticksPosted 7/28/2013 11:41:12 PM
how can people play vanilla skyrim for so long off the same content and still find things fun?

Vanilla skyrim gave me a solid 50 hours
Mods gave me 300

Sniper rifle mods (50 cal ahahahaha)
Texture mods
HUD mods
Flying mods
Helicopter mods
Iron man mod (lol)
Expansions
100+ new weapons and armor sets
Unofficial bug fixes
Character remodels
Lighting overhaul
More challenging dragons
Better character creation
Weather effects
More dungeons and places to explore
Bounty hunting
Build a flying house
CARS
Balancing fix where game is actually a challenge

Pretty much anything you can think of has been made into a mod.

Honestly, I thought skyrim was a pretty average game before the community overhauled the **** out of it.

Just my thoughts
#2Gamer_X27Posted 7/28/2013 11:49:32 PM
I've got 450+ hours on vanilla skyrim (don't even have any of the DLC or patches), so yeah I don't need any mods to enjoy this game.
---
as you may presently yourself fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#3BobbyGoticks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:52:00 PM
Gamer_X27 posted...
I've got 450+ hours on vanilla skyrim (don't even have any of the DLC or patches), so yeah I don't need any mods to enjoy this game.

This is what I'm wondering. What have you been doing for 400 hours?
#4Evil_SandwichPosted 7/28/2013 11:55:44 PM
If your PC version of Skyrim is so awesome, why aren't you playing it instead of bragging about it here?

Just curious.
#5Gamer_X27Posted 7/28/2013 11:56:46 PM
BobbyGoticks posted...
Gamer_X27 posted...

This is what I'm wondering. What have you been doing for 400 hours?

Doing quest, creating different characters, a little rping here and there, in other words playing the game.
---
as you may presently yourself fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#6BobbyGoticks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:57:57 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
If your PC version of Skyrim is so awesome, why aren't you playing it instead of bragging about it here?

Just curious.

Im at my girls place and I have nothing better to do. Plus I would be playing new Vegas right now if I could.
#7DrNewcensteinPosted 7/29/2013 12:12:27 AM
You're at your girls' place and have nothing better to do?....do your girl. Again. and Again. If that bores either of you, you're doing something wrong.

And us stupid-slow-dirty-console gamers would love to have those mods and the CK available. We're waiting for M$ to get over themselves and "allow it".

We'll be waiting a loooooooooooooooong time, though, because M$ R stoopit.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#8PootbirdPosted 7/29/2013 12:24:43 AM
Skyrim is a very big game that can last weeks without mods, I don't need a 50 cal sniper rifle or a whole new province to keep me busy, that summerset isle mod is completely empty and there's nothing to do anyways.

And I'd I do get bored with Skyrm? I have mass effect 3.
---
The official POOTIS of the Elder Scrolls RP.
"Just so you know I'm running a fever, but it was totally worth it!" - Tali'Zorah
#9Brenz0rPosted 7/29/2013 12:43:23 AM
DrNewcenstein posted...
You're at your girls' place and have nothing better to do?....do your girl. Again. and Again. If that bores either of you, you're doing something wrong.

She probably has a headache.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#10jmtstanPosted 7/29/2013 1:31:22 AM
I played on PC, but never got into modding, coz my pc is not that powerful enough for those pretty mod out there, but able to play on high setting without extremely slowdown.

I never got into the KB+M control, my hand got cramped pressing W A S D Ctrl buttons, that is why I purposely bought a wireless Xbox 360 controller just to play Skyrim on PC.

playing on my PS3 however, it feels more comfortable sitting on a sofa, looking at bigger screen, but graphic wise its less impressive compared to my PC version.

both have ups and downs, but Skyrim itself is a huge game, it take months to finish whole thing.
---
New Vita owner!!!
PSN: jmtstan79