Skyrim Hippy Build

#161JMLSPPosted 8/22/2013 5:57:49 AM
AflockOfHippies posted...

Say what?

Well anyway, the Styx song was awesome, I'm still waiting here for the Aerosmith one...
#162AflockOfHippies(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:09:40 AM
JMLSP posted...

Say what?

Well anyway, the Styx song was awesome, I'm still waiting here for the Aerosmith one...

Well, I was just bumping it one night and thought something odd and random would be more interesting than just the word "bump". Just thought I would make people scratch their heads.

Will probably move that song parody about Paarth over here later. Aerosmith will come soon. Maybe some Bob Dylan? "Knocking on Sovrngarde's door"?
---
Just because the world is turning to a** doesn't mean we have to be the holes.
#163JMLSPPosted 8/22/2013 7:15:34 AM
JMLSP posted...

Say what?

Well, I was just bumping it one night and thought something odd and random would be more interesting than just the word "bump". Just thought I would make people scratch their heads.

Will probably move that song parody about Paarth over here later. Aerosmith will come soon. Maybe some Bob Dylan? "Knocking on Sovrngarde's door"?

Yeah, you should move that parody here, I laughed at it...

Bob Dylan is awesome, you could write a stormcloak/imperial version of masters of war and turn this post into a pitfight!
#164AflockOfHippies(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:38:26 AM(edited)
I will have to check out the lyrics for that one. The Knocking on Heaven's Door could be about his experience in Helgen. Of course, if I do a Bob Dylan song you have to read it in a way that you can barely understand what you're saying as you read. Maybe something like:

Empire gonna take my head from me
Guess I won't be using it anymore
I told them I was no rebel but they wouldn't see
feel I'm knocking on Sovngarde's door.

Yeah, that other topic really made me feel like a hippy. Everyone ripping each other a new one while I am sitting in the middle of it singing "Kumbahyah" and trying to draw everyone's attention back away from the fight. Didn't work though. Fight seems to be intensifying if anything. Time to take my lute and what little gold I made, and step out on that one before I catch a stray bullet myself.
---
#165JMLSPPosted 8/22/2013 7:45:55 AM
I will have to check out the lyrics for that one. The Knocking on Heaven's Door could be about his experience in Helgen. Of course, if I do a Bob Dylan song you have to read it in a way that you can barely understand what you're saying as you read. Maybe something like:

Yeah, that other topic really made me feel like a hippy. Everyone ripping each other a new one while I am sitting in the middle of it singing "Kumbahyah" and trying to draw everyone's attention back away from the fight. Didn't work though. Fight seems to be intensifying if anything. Time to take my lute and what little gold I made, and step out on that one before I catch a stray bullet myself.

Hum, so Bob Dylan's singing is hard to understand? Well, I always though t that I had a hard time understanding him because my english sucks...

Any way, can we get some hippy girls to participate in the anti war protests here?
Maybe getting naked to reinforce their opinions?
#166AflockOfHippies(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:51:33 AM
JMLSP posted...

Hum, so Bob Dylan's singing is hard to understand? Well, I always though t that I had a hard time understanding him because my english sucks...

Any way, can we get some hippy girls to participate in the anti war protests here?

Don't think there are many females on this board. Could be wrong. You can never tell by just a user name. Not sure how they would feel about getting naked though. Time for a Skyrim Skype then, huh? If you had a hard time understanding Bob Dylan it wasn't because your English sucked, it was because his did. Too many drugs, maybe? He was still good. Could you imagine trying to follow a conversation between him and Sylvester Stallone?
---
#167JMLSPPosted 8/22/2013 7:56:23 AM
JMLSP posted...

Don't think there are many females on this board. Could be wrong. You can never tell by just a user name. Not sure how they would feel about getting naked though. Time for a Skyrim Skype then, huh? If you had a hard time understanding Bob Dylan it wasn't because your English sucked, it was because his did. Too many drugs, maybe? He was still good. Could you imagine trying to follow a conversation between him and Sylvester Stallone?

Well, I feel a lot better now!
And following this conversation could be easy, depending on how drunk I am.
I used to work with a guy that I could only manage to understand the last word of each sentence he spoke. It was kind of funny...
#168AflockOfHippies(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 12:26:18 PM(edited)
Had a courier deliver a letter today from J 'zargo up at WInterhold. Seems he is distressed about some new kid who is a really good fire mage. Seems a bit jealous. He enclosed some lyrics he wrote describing his feelings hoping we would make a song out of it. It could work. He didn't name it, but I think I will call it "Fireball Wizard"

*cue music from Pinball Wizard by the Who*

Ever since I was a young cat
and used my first fire scroll
from Solitude to Riften
I must have cast them all
But J'zargo never seen nothing like him
in all of Winterhold
That deaf, dumb, and blind kid
sure shoots a mean fireball.

He looks like a Breton
but smells more like a troll
tripping over his own feet
running into walls
he shoots by intuition
and all around him fall
that deaf, dumb, and blind kid
sure shoots a mean fireball

*chorus*
He's a fireball wizard
he never does miss
a fireball wizard
makes J'zargo feel like s***
How do you think he does it? J'zargo don't know
What makes him so good?

He ain't got no distractions
the kid can't see or smell
doesn't hear civilians crying or when they yell
just keeps using up magicka, doesn't run out at all
sure shoots a mean fireball

I thought I was the fire mage king,
better than them all
but now J'zargo feels like he's been declawed

Even when I'm cheating
he can beat my best
these stupid scrolls of J'zargo
they ain't helped me yet
he's got crazy casting fingers
fire, smoke, and all
sure shoots a mean fireball.
---
The geometry of hate is circular: it has no point and always comes back around.
#169SoulOfFaythPosted 8/23/2013 7:11:22 PM
Love it :)
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#170AflockOfHippies(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 8:51:52 AM(edited)
We ran across an abandoned Imperial camp today. Looks like a battle took place here quite recently. Lots of blood and destruction around, but no bodies. Odd. Could be animals....or worse. We thought it best all the way around to just move on quickly. I did find a letter in one of the tents. Written very poetically, though very dark. Whoever wrote this has quite the bloodlust and I would not want to meet up with him myself. He seems to be recalling events of his life from the past, present, and even dreams of the near future, it seems.

His thoughts and dates seem random, out of order. Not sure if this was intentional or a result of a head injury. Going to take the note. Could be a song in it somewhere. May have to tone down the violence in it though. It has no title, but for now I will call it Summer Of 4E199. As that is the only tangible date mentioned in these notes.

*cue music from Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams*

I got my first real dagger
I smithed it real sharp and made it shine
touched it and my finger bled
Yes, this would do just fine

Me and some guys from camp
We found a Nord and we beat him real hard
Jimvin quit, Jonsun got tired
they didn't think I'd take it that far

Oh, but when I look back now
it did seem to go on forever
but if I had had my choice
his juggler I'd just severed
that would have been the last day of his life

Ain't no using in complaining
I still got a job to do
Still lots of Stormcloaks to kill
maybe even a civilian or two

Stab them with my new glass sword
make them scream forever
then I'll cut off their head
and feed it to skeevers
Those are the best times of my life

The summer of 4E 199
it was the summer of 199, yeah

when will it be killin' time
this peace is old, I'm restless
perhaps just a little more time
this trust can't last forever, then the Stormcloaks are mine

But now the times are changing
along came a dragon and now Ulfric's gone
When I get my hands on that bastard
I'll show him where he went wrong

Oh, and with his guts on the floor
I'll unleash my skeevers
Then just sit and watch them
eat that godsdamn traitor
That will be the best day of my life

The summer of 4E199
yeah, 199, it was the summer of 199

*The note is unsigned and I am not even sure if the person who wrote this is even still alive. Kind of hope not, actually. But it could be worth finding out their identity and the importance of that summer to them. Just out of curiosity.
---
The geometry of hate is circular: it has no point and always comes back around.